Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coil Data  (Read 575 times)
DZ9ZZ

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2003, 09:06:52 AM »

As I am not a native english speaker, I need some help in interpreting the construction of a  RF-Transformer designed in the 1950's.

It looks somewhat like an common IF-Transformer.
"Single Layer Inside Winding". Ok, i have no questions on that. I give this for information only. According to the drawing, the next winding is directly upon the first, giving close coupling.

"Scramble-Wound-Outside Winding". This is my problem. Does this mean an winding in a unorderly random fashion "wild gewickelt" as we say in german, or, does this mean that neat diagonal winding technique for high-quality, low-capacitance-coils which was common in those days ("Kreuzspule")?

2) The coils are wound from #36 enamelled and cotton-covered wire. According to my AWG-to-metric table this translates to a rather thin 0,127mm wire.
Here in germany, the diameters for transformer wires are given including the insulation.
Is this also true for the AWG -System ? (Or is there any known way to calculate metric dimensions from AWG ?)
KE6PKJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 01:02:22 PM »

YES, scramble wound does mean a winding in a unorderly random fashion, or "wild gewickelt". Once you get past #30 guage wire in either AWG or SWG, it makes minimal difference as to size as they ar so close in diameter.  
DZ9ZZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 06:36:23 AM »

Vielen Dank !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: