Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood THF6A computer connection  (Read 744 times)
W8MAX

Ignore
« on: July 12, 2002, 10:09:53 PM »

Ijust bought a THF6A and programming cable and cannot get the radio to talk to the computer via the Kenwood software for programming.The progam gives me a communications timeout error. Can anyone give me some help?? Rich w8max
KD5OEQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2002, 07:41:04 PM »

I have the TH-F6A but I don't have the computer connection. However, I learned my lessons from connecting GPS' to PC's.

Did you set Menu Option 9 on the menu to PC?  It must be set to PC in order to work.  Also, the COM port that you are using can only be set to 9600 baud.  You can adjust this in Windows (assuming that you are using windows) by going into Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager.  Click on the (+) next to the Ports label and select the port that you are using.  Right-Click on the port and select the tab called Port Settings.  Set this to 9600.  You may need to reboot for this to take effect depending on the version of windows that you are running.

This should work for you.  If not drop me a line at KD5OEQ@arrl.net  It could be that you have your serial ports turned off in your BIOS.  Some machines, especially older ones disabled these ports to use the IRQ for something else.

Dave
N2WEC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2003, 07:52:08 PM »

Dave - KD5OEQ,
      Thanks for the tip. I took your advice and found that the software will also work with Win-XP. It has been reported that the software will not work with XP. It does if "the radfio is set up right" in the first place. Thanks again. Bill - N2WEC
KD5OEQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2003, 08:50:27 PM »

Glad I could help out.  You message took me aback, I wrote that response last year in July.  Guess it still applies.

David
KD5OEQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: