Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Equipment Values  (Read 421 times)
KG4WOW

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2003, 10:13:32 PM »

My neighbors father passed away recently. She has inherited several pieces of radio equipment that she doesn't know the value. I am still new to the hobby and have know ideas. Is there a website where equipment can be rated or priced? There is a complete TenTec station (Transceiver, amp, mike, pwr supply) also a few others including an 80ft. freestanding telescopic aluminum tower. The rotor was stolen while it was in storage.) Any ideas? Thanks
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2003, 09:30:38 AM »

Usually the guys at TEN-TEC are very helpful with just about ANY problem you might have.  I think I'd start there - for the TEN-TEC gear anyway.  Be sure to include MODEL numbers of the individual items.  Just tell them your story (the same one at the top of this post)

Having done that, Next try E-Bay.. Do some searches for the NAME, MODEL, etc. if nothing comes up, next search in their "COMPLETED ITEMS" listings... that will give you an idea of what the items are selling for (in an INFLATED marketplace)  It seems that some people throw good sense to the wind, when they get in a "bidding war" so the prices you get there (E-Bay) might be a bit high.

As for the tower, etc. and another opinion of the radios... see if you can contact a local Amateur Radio Club in your area... again the internet can help you with this task... search HERE (this site) or at www.arrl.org for "HAM CLUBS" in your area.

Best Wishes

CAM - N7NBB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: