Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with T-4XC  (Read 449 times)
HB9RVS

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2003, 03:58:09 PM »

Hi
15 years ago I bought a R-4C with a T-4XC. I used the receiver often but not the transmitter. Last week I decided to start the transmitter - but I had problems. I can adjust the bias current but I can't tune up the transmitter (chapter 3-4 of the instruction manual). When I turn mode from ssb to tune the meter shows me the bias current. When I turn the gain knob clockwise then is no effect to the current. What could be the problem?
The voltages from the AC4 are correct and it seems that the tubes  works.

Best regards
David
W7DJM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 02:17:23 PM »

I'm working from memory, here.

Seems like you MUST have the SSB upper/lower select in the "X" position to tune.

You MAY have to short the key jack

Is the mike gain turned up?  (controls drive in CW/TUNE)

Are the RX/TX interconnect cables--all those rca cables--connected?   You cant run the TX "stand alone" unless you either have the cables hooked up or else the appropriate crystals installed in the transmitter.

Seems to me that if you operate the TX "stand alone" with no rx connected, that there is a tuning adjustment you must make to compensate for the laq of the cable

Make sure the VFO/tranceive switch is appropriate, and if you are using the RX VFO, you must have the preselector tuning peaked on receiver noise to get any TX output.

I hope you have the manuals.
HB9RVS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 12:22:02 PM »

Thanks for the infos - but I have no success. I get no plate-current. I can turn the gain knob - no effect.

73 de David, HB9RVS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: