Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trimble Galaxy C/GPS Transceiver  (Read 906 times)
W5EP

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2003, 10:16:59 AM »

I need information on cables/connectors/operating instructions for Trimble Galaxy TNL 7003 with American Mobile Satellite Corporation antenna and Aether Systems terminal.

Trimble no longer supports TNL 7003.  Trimble advised to contact Aether Systems.  American Mobile Satellite Corporation has morphed into Aether Systems.  Aether Systems does not answer Email questions for source of information.
GPX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2003, 04:45:02 PM »

I was curious if you had any luck.  I have acquired one of those units as well.  Documentation is pretty had to come by.
W5EP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2003, 05:32:40 PM »

No - I have no more new information - I do have a little old info - I am not sure how much you have on it so please excuse any repeats. You do need the external combination antenna/preamp/power amp/gps preamp. You can find a Trimble software download on the Trimble webb page.  Trimble software should enable you to transmit distress with gps position. You need the transceiver serial number to set up an account to access Marisat-C Atlantic or Pacific. Charges are something like one penny per character. I also have the matching lcd terminal with special cable requirements. I have not found source for a cable or connectors or any info on it. Hope that helps a little - Rgds - W5EP
JIMFROG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 04:18:29 PM »

Hi, I just got a TNL7003 system with cable harness.  If you need to have any additional information send me an email.  thanks, jim
JIMFROG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 04:43:36 PM »

Hi,
   Did you get any documentation on TNL7003 system, e.g., user manual, specification, how to change the password.  jimfrog2@hotmail.com
W5EP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 05:29:16 PM »

Thought I was subscribed to this topic.  I thought I
would never get back in.  I never did get anything
from Eham after the first one.
I ran into a stone wall.  All information is "Propriatory".  This is straight from Aether Systems.
I still have my units in a card board box in a closet.

I still need information on the cable harness.

Do you still have the system with a wiring harness?
Would you tell me which connector is connected to
which?  Do you have anyway to check wiring in the
cables?

Thanks,W5EP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: