Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL Cards  (Read 536 times)
W1DY

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2003, 09:05:45 PM »

Has anybody ever purchased cards from Octavia?  It has now been three months and I have not received my cards.  My e-mails recently go unanswered when I ask where they are.  This company has even sold my e-mail address to everyone in the world.  Not cool.

I have a custom one-sided b&w card that I want to have printed.  Any suggestions?
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 10:40:52 PM »

Here is a BRITISH firm that does very good work... and moderately fast turnaround.  The prices are fair, and he will work with you if you want special quanities or split orders.

http://www.fds-graphics.com/

Cam
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 11:37:38 AM »

Check them out in the review section. It's pretty much a mixed bag - either the reviews are great or terrible, not much middle ground.

Personally, I wouldn't do business with ANYONE who doesn't answer their emails.

Lon
K3GBB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 08:09:15 AM »

I have.  The cards arrived yesterday via registered mail at the Post Office and I will be picking them up later today.  Regarding the no response of your emails, I had the same situation occur when I tried to correspond with them at sales@octavia.com.  They must not check this box too often.  But I did get quick responses when I emailed info@octavia.com and valery@octavia.com so you may want to try these addresses.  I knew in advance that it would take about 3 months so I was prepared to wait.

George K3GBB
K3GBB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 05:24:47 PM »

Updating my last post, I just picked up the QSL cards from the Post Office and they are absolutely spectacular.  Well worth the wait.

George K3GBB
K9VQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 02:41:25 AM »

I have been waiting for my cards since Jun 7th. I have been waiting 21 weeks which I expected only 8 to 12, I guess some people just get them faster. I have been getting my mails answered fast within 24 hours, use info@octavia.com. I decided to order from them from their reviews here on eham, but if I knew it was going to take this long I wouldn't have done it. I already gave them a ZERO last week at the 20 week point without receiving the cards. The excuse I got from my last email was because of a slow up from US customs because of our war on terror, which could be true. I was promised to have my card in 10 to 14 days, we will see.
KG6AMW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2003, 11:16:02 AM »

That's the rap on this company. They make really nice cards for a decent price, but have the misfortune of residing in a country with a poor postal system. You will most likely get your cards, but will have to wait. As for passing around your email address around, this really is a poor business practice on their part. For that very reason, I wouldn't do business with them.

KG6AMW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: