Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 73 Magazine  (Read 456 times)
SM0JHF

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2004, 09:45:27 PM »

I am trying to get in touch with the owner/publisher of 73 Amateur Radio Today. I contributed to this magazine and the publisher owes me quite some money for already published stories and photographs. All my letters, faxes and e-mails remain unanswered since September 2003. I am sure the owner/publisher is not hiding in a cellar or a hole for a few hundred dollars. Maybe someone knows where they moved to or their up-to-date e-mail address, someone who lives in NH ?
Henryk Kotowski SM0JHF
sm0jhf at  qsl.net
KA5S

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 03:58:18 AM »

73 Magazine ceased operation as of September 2003.

From the ARRL's Web site"

" 'After failing a last minute effort to collect on some larger accounts receivable we decided yesterday to throw in the towel--that the September issue will have to be the last,' Green told ARRL October 9. 'SK after 43 years of publishing.' "

" Green's October 9 statement appears to be the final word on the matter, however. It also seems to leave remaining staff members and contributing editors--freelancers--out in the cold. One columnist reports not having been paid for several months of contributions. "

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/10/10/6/?nc=1
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 02:19:39 PM »

Henryk, I think you probably won't get your payment.

I last submitted articles to 73 in 1999, and was promised payment repeatedly -- never received any.  The amount was about $500, I just wrote it off and never sent them anything again.

WB2WIK/6
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: