Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC email address for question on RF amplifier  (Read 522 times)
N2BQF

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2003, 12:49:36 AM »

I'm trying to find the answer regarding any restrictions in the selling of an particular amplifier on Ebay?

I was told by eBay Community Watch
that the Mirage D24 amplifier has been identified by the FCC as potentially problematic. And this amplifier could not be sold on ebay.

I would like to know what does "potentially problematic" mean. Is anyone familar with this issue?

How can I contact the FCC to ask them a question regarding this restriction in the selling of this  amplifier on Ebay?
73 Alan
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 02:22:56 AM »

it is time for all hams to BOYCOTT eBay until they get their collective act together.

call 1-888-CALL FCC and ask who gives this advise to the morons at ebay.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 11:34:59 AM »

I'm guessing that this amplifier is modifiable to work on the 10m ham band, which means that it is also possible to modify it to work on the 11m CB band.  Perhaps eBay doesn't want to risk making a sale that could potentially lead to legal problems.  If that amp has already been modified and a CB operator bought it, that would be an illegal transaction.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 12:34:39 PM »

Considering the Mirage D24 is an amplifier for 440 MHz, I seriously doubt it's anything other than a dummy load, or possibly a fuse, at 27 MHz.

I have no idea what "problematic" issues they're talking about, and quite likely, neither do they.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 02:52:06 PM »

Now that is strange.  I'm not familiar with that amplifier myself.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 02:52:06 PM »

Now that is strange.  I'm not familiar with that amplifier myself.
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 07:37:28 PM »

Since it's apprently a 70 cm amp, then CB isn't (or shouldn't be) an issue.

I'd contact E-Bay again.  They could have confused the model numbers and given you incorrect advice.  And e-Bay sells such a wide range of items, I don't expect them to be technically knowledgeable about every possible item that may come up for sale.  They are bound to make mistakes, but try to do right when obviuously inappropriate or illegal radio items come up for sale.
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 08:14:17 PM »

A further thought: Does the amp have an FCC tag?  If it does, you should be able to sell, lend, lease, etc. it as you wish, and e-Bay should accept that.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 02:14:14 AM »

ebay does do their own policing, and there is a way for you to report stuff if you choose to.. 73  tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: