Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP Icom IC-2SAT  (Read 949 times)
KK7GV

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2003, 01:00:30 PM »

Looking for assistance for an Icom IC-2SAT. Rig working fine when turned off, when turned on later only squelch and no display. I can adjust the squelch and that's about it. Uncertain if this is a common problem with this rig and whether there's a quick fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
and 73

Al KK7GV
kk7gv@arrl.net
WA4UDU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 05:19:46 PM »

I have the same problem but I think it is due to the battery in the maine unit. I think that if you were to charge the radio without the larger battery it would work or use the wall charger and plug it in to the top of the radio. My problem is that I can't seem to find the slide on attachment used to charge just the radio and I seem to have misplaced the wall charger as well.
WA4UDU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 09:20:56 PM »

I found the answer for me tonight. I charged the radio bat and, when I turned it back on, I pressed the PTT first, held it down and turned it on. All worked well.
Henry Ravenel
WA4UDU
KK7GV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 04:49:16 PM »

Tnx for the information ... in my case the PTT and power up didn't work. Decided to try the Function and power up ... did the trick. Cleared the memories but that's ok. Really like this little rig and much more sensitive receiver then the 2T. Again thanks for the info and 73

PS ... sorry for the delay ... as you can see this was posted in December and beginning to think no one was going to answer.

73  DE  Al Cristaldi KK7GV
W7CYA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 03:12:56 PM »

Hi

I have the same trouble.
The rig was given to me
bye a friend and He thought it needed
new battries but when I put them in
I got the same problem you described.

Thank You

Tom Metz