Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KD7QKT - Youth - German Trip - Your Help Needed  (Read 393 times)
NW7US

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:25:21 PM »

Hi,

I'm Tomas Hood, NW7US.  My daughter is KD7QKT (e-mail is kd7qkt at hfradio dot org).  You may have heard her, or worked her in the past during various Ten-Ten events, Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society events, and during Field Day events.  She's an active ham, as much as she can be as a student.  She's participated in each of the last three Field Days.  She's helped with the 4H Ham Radio club activities over the last few years, too.  She is an Honor-roll Junior in her High School.  She is on the Association of Student Body (ASB), as the Assistant Treasurer, and is automatically the Treasurer for her Senior year.

This year, she's in German I - and has an exciting opportunity to travel with a group of exchange students from her High School German Club to Germany and a few other European countries.  As an Amateur Radio Operator, she is working hard to make contact with German Hams, having already contacted some operators via EchoLink, and others via e-mail.

Ashley is trying to find sponsors.  The Jefferson County Amateur Radio Club, and the Port Ludlow club, have already donated toward her trip fund.  All told, she must raise around $3000.00.  (Actually, that's the cost, per student, to go.  This cost includes air fare, lodging, travel (gas, rental of vans), and so forth).  She has earned and obtained donations in the total amount of just under $1000.  So, she's covered the down-payment, and the air fare.  But, she still has about $2000.00 to raise through fund-raising efforts and work.  As a part-time student worker, she won't be able to earn that much... so the rest must be obtained through sponsorships.

Would you or your Radio Club consider a donation for her?  She has a webpage that includes links to those clubs and organizations that have helped.

See http://hfradio.org/kd7qkt/trip.html for details.

If you or your club would consider a donation, the website includes details on her mailing address, as well as a method via PayPal to make a payment on her behalf.  If you know of someone else that might consider helping Ashley raise these funds for her trip, please let them, and me, know.

For Ashley, I thank you.

Tomas, NW7US

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: