Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying to view Eham!!!!!!!  (Read 826 times)
N3MIQ

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2004, 07:34:00 AM »

I WILL PAY TO SELL RADIO EQUIPMENT ON EHAM.... BUT I THINK IT IS OUT OF LINE TO PAY TO VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!
N6VQQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 10:35:11 PM »

I absolutely agree on that. It's charging a fee to sell something and then charging a fee to look at it.
But with respect to Eham, please gives us a reason for this action, or you might be loosing customers for the people trying to sell their merchandise.
  Poor concept IMHO!
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2004, 11:13:26 AM »

Please get it right--you do not have to pay to view on this site.  The site requests contributions, it doesn't charge fees.  The grey area is the restriction of some features for a short amount of time to those who do not "subscribe".

If you don't want to wait, pay.  If you don't want to pay, you can still connect to the site--you just have to wait for access to certain features.

And if you've got to complain about that, you ought to get a life!
WA0UDX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 04:18:24 PM »

Lots of people (me included) are used to "free everything" on the internet, but keeping a site like this running and fresh must be a huge job. Plus, it costs money to have these web pages sitting on a fast server, on a fast connection to the internet. I don't mind paying some.
W6OJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2004, 02:14:27 AM »

We are all fortunate to be living in such a free country. To me, the internet and it's sites are somewhat like radio or television stations... if one doesn't like what's being broadcast, everyone is completely free to turn the dial and go to another. eHam is just like any other commercial site in our free enterprise economic system. As a privately owned site, eHam is free to charge whatever the traffic will bear and to adopt whatever policies it choses. If the policies and pricing are excessive, the site will ultimately fail, or eHam will change the pricing and/or policies to such an extent that subscribers will stay and revenues will cover expenses and profit.

So, if you like eHam, stay and pay. If you don't, delete the eHam address and move on to whatever other sites meet your requirements. It's free enterprise and you vote with your dollars.

To stay on this privately owned site and complain demonstrates poor judgement, a lack of understanding of  basic economics, or perhaps both.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 02:44:21 PM »

N6VQQ wrote:

<<
It's charging a fee to sell something and then charging a fee to look at it.
>>

Wrong, and sort of right.

1) We charge NO fee to place ads.  To do so would likely stop sellers from posting anything at all.

2) We allow our subscribers a 24-hour "sneak peak" at the ads, as a sort of token reward for their support.  Older ads are viewable to all.

Mike N2MG
webmaster
N6VQQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 08:33:36 PM »

To N2MG & All Posters.
     I must apologize again for a wrong asumption re: having to pay to put something up for sale. I should have inquired before I replied.
     So, with that done, to Eham thanks for explaining, and I will check before speaking again.
        73 Ron
N3MIQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 06:16:20 PM »

Christopher, I read your profile, You should not be tell other people to get a life!!!!!

PS Can't pass 5wpm Huh??
N6VQQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2004, 03:21:56 AM »

To N3MIQ,
    Thank you for covering me on what this person said, I appreciate your backup.
     I really felt that I didn't want to even answer his comments, but maybe this will do for him:
      To K1CJS: I have a very good life, as a matter of fact, I led a very productive life caring for people who were sick, mostly Burn patients, who received my 100% best of care that I could give under the circumstances.
      Now I don't know what part of "get a life" I did not attain, but I tell you this, I like others have posted an "opinion" on several matters that this forum affords us to do, it is an "opinion" that was tendered, not a testimony of the lifestyle that I am living, (are you following me?).
     So please, don't give anyone who may post an objection on this forum, a demeaning response, I'm sure you are a better individual than that.
             73 Ron  

WU7X

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2004, 12:29:29 AM »

Dear N6VQQ,

Thank you for posting both your comments.  They were clear, to the point, and done in a "gentlemanly" manner. Bravo!

EHam has become one of the spots I frequent several times a day.  I would hate to tell my wife how much I have spent on the wonderful gear I have purchased off of it!  I can't think of a better deal in ham radio than this medium.  To reinforce another person's comments; if you don't want to pay, you don't have to play.

A pleasant evening to all.

WU7X
N6VQQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2004, 05:27:09 PM »

To WU7X,
    Thank you for your reply, I have become a subscriber, and will maintain this status for as long as I am in ham radio, because I have come to realize that this forum, and the entire website represents and defines what we all enjoy.
    So, I thank all of the contributors who by posting their information on varied subjects, give a good range of opinions that can be sorted out by each of us in our own way, I know that I have been helped in buying equipment and seeking more knowledge about things.
     To all, "Many Years of Fun DXing and Ragchewing", and to the new hams, welcome and enjoy this most interesting hobby.
    73's to all and to all a goodnight (LOL)
              Ron  N6VQQ

K8ML

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2004, 07:34:27 PM »

Guys,  STOP YOUR CRYING,,!! and get off your cheap rear ends and fork over a couple of bucks, Oh BOO HOO!!!!!!!...Mark ...K8ML
N6VQQ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 12:13:17 AM »

To K8ML;
    I'm not trying to create  an ongoing debate about this, but I'd at least like to know "what" you are talking about.
    Seems to me like everyone here is now, or has been a paying subscriber.
    So your "BOO HOO" non-sequitar response is not understood.
    And before you respond with a verbal attack on me, I am not trying to demean you, I just would like you to explain.
              Ron

K6CS

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2004, 02:30:26 PM »

I look at it this way: MOST Hams who list here also list the same items on QRZ.COM or OTH.COM so you can go there for free & see the items for sale.
Just my 2 cents!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: