Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement for ADI HT batteries  (Read 337 times)
BILLBISCHOFFEXWS4B

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2004, 04:12:50 PM »

Does anyone know of any 3rd party batteries I can use with my AT-600?Huh
KC8AXJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 05:09:47 PM »

http://www.mrnicd-ehyostco.com/hamradio.htm

http://www.nicdlady.com/
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 09:28:26 AM »

If you need rebuildable casings, the battery packs for the older Standard C158S, C228A, C558A and the Cherokee portable 6 meter FM and CB radios will also "work" on these ADIs.  You need to check the charging plug and pack terminal size, position and polarity on these, however, as they may vary from those on the ADI and you may need a different charger.

I use my older Standard C558A dual-bander as a spare radio for my go kit and actually don't use the NiCd pack anymore, but I have two 8-cell Cherokee AA packs which I carry for it, along with a cigarette lighter plug cord and remote battery adapter, which enables various external power options.

But if you want to go the rechargeable pack route, I second the Battery Lady Company as a great resource, prompt turnaround, fair pricing and great work.  I had several packs for my old GE VHF portable rebuilt with NiMh cells and they are FAR superior to the original OEM packs, even when they were new back in the mid 1980s...  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: