Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS120S versions  (Read 399 times)
VE7LGT

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2004, 12:28:06 PM »

I have owned a TS120S for years and have seen a lot of photos of them for sale. On field day this year I had the opportunity to use one at a field day operation . I would have to say that this would have to be the best field day radio I have ever used . (The worst Icom 706). One thing caught my I though while using this radio was that in place of the 25 kHz cal button there was a RF Antenuator button I had never noticed this before and was wondering how many different versions of the 120 where made . I would take this to be a newer version than mine as the 25 kHz cal is something that is not really necessary on this radio. Also I will post this here as well I posted it on mods and repairs and have had no response:    I have owned a TS120S for about ten years and one thing has always confused me . When in both SSB and CW in the ALC position the needle moves uniformly with the power output indicated on My watt meter . But in the Ic position at lower power levels the meter does not move but starts to flicker when reaching higher levels .In the alc position I will exceed the ALC limit at about 10:00 on both the CW and SSB and find it hard to keep it in the ALC range at 50 watts SSB on a Peak reading meter . In the Ic position I can Turn it up higher without exceeding the alc zone and it will peak at about 85 to 90 watts on SSB .Is it posible that the wires have been hooked up backwards on the ALC/Ic switch as it says in the manual the ALC meter should Flicker? As I have not had this radio since new I am not sure if this might be a factory defect or if it was done during service work has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks Larry VE7LGT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: