Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OLD NATIONAL HBR 14 HELP  (Read 434 times)
BLUESKY2B

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2004, 03:47:12 AM »

I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. A friend was heavily into Ham and I now have most of his stuff .His oldest units appear to be National brand.One is a National HBR 14 . Can anyone  tell me how old this is also is it still feasible to use this and how much might the HBR 14 be worth?Thanks alot.bluesky.
K5CEY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2004, 05:23:06 PM »

Well,
   Off hand, HBR-14 doesn't really sound like an assigned National model number for a piece of radio equipment. National did make a number of fine radio sets for many years, but I am not aware of any with that prefix.

HBR was a common prefix used for home constructed radio receivers in the 50's and 60's. HBR meaning Home Brew Receiver and the following number (14 in your case) indicating the number of vacuum tubes used in the circuit.

National did manufacture a number of popular tuning dials, and their name and/or insignia would appear on the face of the dial.

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: