Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful with N5UXT  (Read 4640 times)
N7CCR

Ignore
« on: September 16, 2004, 11:28:22 AM »

This gentleman purchased an item from me. He was unhappy with the shipping cost. Mostly because the cost of the item was not much more that shipping. I gave him the weight of the item to go check the shipping cost for himself. He said he would only pay half. He threatened to file with square trade and other agencies. Be careful when dealing with this person.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 01:05:05 PM »

Don't sell him the item!! Just because he doesn't like what the shipping costs are doesn't give him a right to say that he'll only pay half!
KA3RFE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 07:59:40 PM »

You don't HAVE to sell him the item if he thinks the shipping is too high, you know. If the deal is that he pays the shipping and he decides the shipping is too much and will only pay half of it, that ends the transaction right then and there.

You didn't send the item to him anyhow, did you?Huh
N5UXT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 05:13:06 AM »

This is so sad. People judge other without hearing the other side. 

:-( 

1 Deal gone bad !
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 05:55:22 AM »

1 Deal gone bad !

So, uh, what's your side of the story??

K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:04:17 AM »

I don't see that there's any "sides" to tell. Seller offered item for sale, buyer to pay shipping. Buyer bought, then backed out on shipping cost. Simple fix... Seller should Refund and Done! Put the item back up for sale to someone who wants to pay for it.

Seller is not bound by any law to go through with transaction if the buyer won't pay shipping, unless the offer stated free, discounted or shared shipping cost.
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 06:03:35 PM »

I don't see that there's any "sides" to tell. Seller offered item for sale, buyer to pay shipping. Buyer bought, then backed out on shipping cost. Simple fix... Seller should Refund and Done! Put the item back up for sale to someone who wants to pay for it.

Seller is not bound by any law to go through with transaction if the buyer won't pay shipping, unless the offer stated free, discounted or shared shipping cost.

He yipped up here so I just wanted to hear what he claims his side is.  But it looks like he doesn"t want to talk now.
N1UK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 07:41:57 PM »

How much does the thing weigh and how far has it got to be shipped?

We can all look up the shipping costs ourselves.

Mark N1UK
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:43:36 PM »

I also don't believe that the seller is obligated to refund the entire amount he was paid for the item.  He quite likely passed up other opportunities to sell the item, assuming that it was already sold.
If something like this happened to me, I'd keep 15 to 20 percent as compensation for lost sales and refund the rest and I think that would be very generous at that.  If the buyer had used due diligence and inquired about shipping BEFORE committing to buy the item,as he should have, there would be no dispute.
I always determine shipping and add it to the asking price before making a decision on whether to buy an item.  NOT rocket science.
Tom
KE7TMA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01:07 AM »

1 Deal gone bad !

So what's the other side?  Are you claiming the OP is lying?  Come on, don't leave us hanging!
NJ1K

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2013, 05:04:10 AM »

1 Deal gone bad !

So what's the other side?  Are you claiming the OP is lying?  Come on, don't leave us hanging!

Sometimes silence tells volumes...
N5UXT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 12:22:04 PM »

My side is the cost I looked up was more than DOUBLE of any services I looked at . ( UPS, USPS, and FedEx )  Also, when I mentioned I was interested and was told the total cost including shipping, I mentioned this was more than double the price based on what I looked up and this is when the seller refused to ship based on the price I looked up. This was fine with me but I feel that this issue would have prevented if the seller would have listed the shipping COST UP FRONT.  Sellers that more than double the shipping need to be cased with the service they have there products listed with to make sure they list shipping up front. This is about the deal. No money was exchanged so I don't understand this person point of view another than to shame a person. You can read what you want from this.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:26:55 PM by N5UXT » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: