Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertex Radio Programming ???  (Read 1127 times)
KB7SNT

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2004, 04:40:56 PM »

Does anyone out there know what software/hardware it takes to program the following Vertex Radios?

VX-200(4X)
FTL-7011

Thanks.
UA4HQS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 01:02:10 AM »

There's no problem to programm this radios. Drop me a mail and I'll help you with schematic and software.
G6LXZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 09:55:16 AM »

Hi I read your request for software -i want software for the VX210 and wonder if you could help or help me advertise for it as you did-regards
chris
WB6GBB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 12:18:57 PM »

Dear AU4HQS: I would greatly appreciate info for programming VX-2000. As I understand it, I need a computer which runs DOS and a special cable. I haven't been able to find the cable and I was told Windows XP won't work. I look forward to hearing from you.
KB9TJE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:45:34 PM »

Hi.  I assume you too were talking about the vx 2oo. Instead of the 2ooo. I recently bought a number of these off of ebay. I love the radio, but they are old and finding software and the hardware was difficult. I found the package when I went to Google and did a search with the words...  vertex vx 2oo   programming

It took me to a company out east that carried what I needed. I will tell you that an older DOS computer works best. And sometimes you need to try more than one computer. It's not real difficult.  I programmed the radio with a couple different ham frequencies. Works wonderful. I used the other channels on simplex. Also one I programmed for the weather channel.  There are people out there who will program for you for a nominal fee. I wish I would have thought about this option as the programming package was nearly ninety dollars.  Good Luck  
bigjim81@yahoo.com     kb9tje
WB6GBB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 10:43:46 PM »

In my case, I'm talking about the Vertex VX-2000; a 40 channel commercial mobile UHF rig. I was quoted $200 for the programming package (hardware and software) or $40 programming charge. I wouldn't mind springing for the $40 -- just don't want to be without the rig for days at a time. Thank you for your comment KB9TJE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: