Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tsunamis Emergency Communications  (Read 375 times)
VK2UAL

Ignore
« on: December 28, 2004, 04:49:55 PM »

I have been rxing the hf bands for nets to help out the the people to the north of my location Sydney VK2 and have not heard any thing. It is very urgent that information gets into these locations that are not close to the big cities. It is extremly important that these peolpe know not to drink any water unless it is bottled water and that it has not been contaminated. The news feeeds are reporting that alot of these places have no communications ie phones and local radio stations to help pass on this life saving information & other info re help needed and the like. The next few day will be when 10's of 1000's to 10000's of lives can be saved by passing on this kind of info. I am looking at starting a net on 20m's. I have a full hf station with a G5RV with excellent rx - tx into North Asia locations. I would be very greatful if anyone knows of any nets or other stations that my be running this type of net to help the people that have been affected by this Tsunamis. Well that is all for now, I will be very greatful for any time and help with this net as I want to help not make more work.
VK2UAL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 05:05:29 PM »

PS: My email address is vk2ual@yahoo.com
KC5CQD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:59:04 PM »

This past year, four hurricanes swept through the state of Florida.  Florida is the state where my father resides.  To date, there are parts of Florida that still don't have electricity.  

How much aid did Sri Lanka(or any other nation) send to the Floridians?

I'm really tired of hearing about the tsunamis.

No one helps the U.S. when they're hurting and so I really don't give a damn about helping the rest of the world.

Sorry to be so blunt but I think if you research what I've said here, you'll see my point.

KC5CQD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: