Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRZ.com update profile problem  (Read 938 times)
ONL10619

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2004, 08:09:45 AM »

Hi all,

I would like to update my profile at the QRZ.com website but everytime I want to do this, I get a message saying something like "there is another user listed with administrative rights for this callsign".
I am absolutely positive that I am using the correct user name, callsign and password. Judging from the forum entries at QRZ.com, it seems that quite a few others are struggling with the same problem. It also seems that no answer or solution to this problem is given. Maybe the eHam community knows how to tackle this problem?

Many thanks for your help and best 73

Glenn ON4WIX
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 11:19:21 AM »

Try sending an e-mail to Fred, the website owner, explaining the problem, giving your call and name.  He lists his e-mail on the QRZ web site.  He usually replies and has things straightened out in a day or two.  Good luck.
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 09:49:21 AM »

FWIW, when I went to QRZ this morning, I found that I was not logged in (I usually am).  Apparently QRZ or I have done something with the log-in cookie - I'd guess that it was QRZ if others are having trouble.

However, I just clicked "Log in" at the far upper right of the QRZ page, entered my call and password and I was "in".

Mike N2MG
webmaster
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 04:13:38 PM »

If you get a page that looks like this:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Callsign Information Update Page

Please enter the required information to proceed:

Callsign to update:  
Your QRZ Login name:  
Your QRZ Password:  

Need a user id and password? Register Here
++++++++++++++++

Don't click the "Register Here" if you are already a registered user on QRZ - your next steps would likely be trying to re-register your already-registered callsign.

-Mike N2MG
ONL10619

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 10:19:53 AM »

Thanks for the info, Larry and Mike.
I'm afraid that I have indeed done what you mentioned. The only thing is that I have tried to re-register BECAUSE I couldn't get access to my profile in the first place.
Anyway, I've sent a mail to the editor describing the problem. If I get a helpful reply I'll post the outcome on this forum.

Thanks again and 73

Glenn ON4WIX
W4GRY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 02:24:09 PM »

I'm surprised that more Hams are not taking advantage of QRZ.com by posting their mugshot, a picture of their shack, their home or at least their QSL card on their QRZ info page. It's quite easy and it's free. It is nice to be able to retrieve information on someone you've been listening to (SWL) or with whom you've just QSO'd. As you might expect, we rarely look like what we sound like. In the narrative, you may "tell all" about your shack/equipment/antenna(s) and radio history, et cetera. And you can change both the picture and the narrative as often as you wish. It gives us the opportunity to know more about what makes you so darn interesting. TRY IT....YOU'LL LIKE IT!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: