Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote control  (Read 491 times)
W7MVG

Ignore
« on: June 18, 2004, 02:23:10 AM »

OK, so I'm interested in controling an RC airplane using the HAM bands, but I've searched all over the internet and can't find any information about it. I know it's possible on the 6m band, but that's about as much info as I've been able to dig up. I'd like to find some place that talks about the legalities, restrictions and finally how to go about doing it.

Any suggestions?
Thx,
Mike
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:11:50 AM »

Well I just typed in HAM RADIO CONTROLLED RC into goole and got several thousand hits... even just the first few seemed promising.

http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/websites/rcin.htm

and this next one about the tenth listing down sounds right up your alley

http://www.filelibrary.com/Contents/DOS/30/9.html

There were LOTS more.

The ARRL website as well as QRZ's website may also contain a wealth of info.

GOOD LUCK
CAM
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 10:00:45 AM »

Go to the FCC website and you can read Part 97.  That gives the rules and legalities.
N7DKK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 10:31:24 PM »

Hi fellow webfoot!

6 meters is a great asset in radio control.

Very few people use it so there is very little waiting for your frequency at the field. Usually no waiting for your frequency. Period.

I use JR equipment for my models available from Horizon Hobbies. They do, and may still, carry transmitters/receivers on 53MHz, which is what I use here in Medford. You need to check your 6 meter repeaters in Beaverton, if there are some close to the frequencies you wish to use, then go to 50MHz, available from JR and also from Futaba at Tower Hobbies.

There are a few others that carry 6 meter stuff at 50 MHz, but I'm afraid the 6 meter R/C days are approaching and end as many frequencies are being discontinued (53MHz).

I have two JR 8103 systems on 53.2MHz along with 12 receivers (bought extras when JR said they'd be discontinued). I now have five planes ready to fly and two still in the box. Many are 1/4 scale, 80" wingspan.

A tech license is all that's needed.

If you want more info please e-mail me at:

barbados@internetcds.com

...and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions.

-dave- N7DKK
Medford, Oregon
KG4JAM

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 10:34:25 AM »

I recently decided to do this on 6 meters myself.  What I found earlier this week is that there are 50 mhz channels from 00 to 09 in the 6 meter band.  JR and Futaba will sell you this equipment, but where they get you is that they are currently only offering it with their higher end 9 channel transmitters.  I was able to get a Futaba 9 C Super on channel 01 (50.820 MHZ) for $400.00.  JR was about $100 more.  This is a lot more tranmitter than I need for just flying airplanes, but I guess I am set if I ever try my hand at helicopters.   I went ahead and did it just because I wanted the black flag.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: