Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A PREDICTION FOR HAM RADIO.  (Read 2002 times)
AE4TR

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2005, 03:54:58 PM »

I posted the following on another web site (qrz.com) and it got quite a reaction from the hams there.  Let's see what happens here.  

There was talk going around that Bush and some of the rest of his Clique wanted to tax the use of email. That may be a dead issue now, but could be revived in the near future.

How about this:  I predict that soon you will see in the works a fee for using the airwaves for ANY reason.  Consider this:  If you have a cell phone, you pay for using it.  You pay for the use of the internet.  You pay for ANY use of the airwaves, except for Ham Radio.  I forsee that there will come a day when you will receive a "bill" for the time you spend on the air. It can't be done you say... think again.  They have the means of identifying your transmitter now.  Every transmitter has it's own unique footprint.  And there is (available now) the technology and equiptment to identify any one of the millions of transmitters on the air, your voice print etc.  Once you get on, and give your callsign.. They have your voice print, and your transmitter footprint, who you talked to, their voice print, transmitter footprint..etc.   Your bill will include the time you spent on the air, where you were at the time, and your personal identity.  You will have to register (another fee) your transmitter's model, serial, etc.  If you should happen to sell it, or give it away, the registration will have to be changed or else, you will be billed for the time someone else uses it.
In case of failure to register, or failure to pay, there will be penalties, that will include fines, jail time, and forfiture of equiptment.  In this day and time of super computers, satellites, etc. this is not too far fetched.  The goverment is in the red, and must have more of your money NOW!!!... They even want to charge veterans some $250. bucks a year for VA health care.  Charge the elderly for use of medicare etc.
The mindset of the Gov. is to be constantly searching for new ways to tax us citizens in the name of national security, or whatever.   We have very little privacy now, and they wish to take what is left away from us.
They have an antenna system that can monitor your every transmission now, no matter where you are, what power you are using, what mode you are using, and all that supposedly secret stuff.  If they can detect rf
signals coming from distant planets and look for life in outer space, it's no big problem to monitor rf transmissions, here on earth.  
  A fee added to one's fcc license is just a step in this direction for Enforcement..ha!! and just what means will they use to catch violators, They've got it!!! all they need is your fee (tax) money.  According to the survey (on another page of eham) 64% is in favor of it, 36% is against it.  In a country where the majority rules, it's coming.  

K7VO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 08:33:15 AM »

Sorry, I don't see it.  I do see a license fee coming back, and if it is used to police the airwaves I say amen.  $10-$25 for a 10 year license would be a minimal charge and it would raise enough money to cover an extra salary at the FCC.  That is what 64% are in favor of, not a tax on airtime.

Get real!

Caity
K7VO
KE6PKJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 09:39:55 AM »

Who exactly are "they"?
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 10:44:15 AM »

Please don't reply to idiots like this; it just encourages them!
AE4TR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 11:14:50 AM »

N3ZKB DWAYNE Are you calling me an IDOT??  I consider that a personal attact.  In this case it takes one to know one. If you would spend your idle time attacking people in a better way, you could upgrade your license from Technician to Extra class.  
Or don't you have time for that?? Ben...
DROLLTROLL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 01:30:49 PM »

This is too FUNNY!!

AE4TR wrote...
>>N3ZKB DWAYNE Are you calling me an IDOT??..... If you would spend your idle time attacking people in a better way, you could upgrade your license from Technician to Extra class. Or don't you have time for that?? Ben...<<

Actually Ben if YOU spent your idle time checking the fact that N3ZKB-Dwayne never responded to you, and that IDOT is spelled IDIOT, then you wouldn't be proving Lon right.
AE4TR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 02:38:47 PM »

DROLLTROLL  Yes I spelled idiot wrong. Are you one of the perfect people that never makes a mistake??  If you are, then I am glad to meet you.  

N3ZKB said and I quote "Please don't reply to idiots like this; it just encourages them!" end of quote.
If he was not talking about me, then pray tell just whom was he talking about?  You??  

The post I made was not intended to stir up a controversity, it was merely my own prediction.  You can take it for what it's worth.  Predictions have a way of coming true, some do not.  I just thought it would be worthwhile to get some comments on it.

I see now that it was a mistake on my part to think there would be some comments, either pro or con. not a slamming from people that hide behind a made up, ficticous name to hide their true identy.  
DROLLTROLL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 03:11:48 PM »

N3ZKB did NOT respond to you!!! He did not post ANY response to your rant, or any follow up posts.  You are confused. (And a little paranoid too I might add). I didn't think you were really an idiot, but now you're going out of your way to prove that wrong.

Tell you what.... Call up your best buddy, neighbor, spouse or whomever and have them read the responses to your diatribe. If they have any common sense they will clearly point out to you that n3kzB did not call you or anyone else an idiot.

It's all there in black and white. Crystal clear...
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 05:41:45 PM »

DrollTroll:

If this guy's rantings weren't so pathetic, they would be funny. I guess he just living proof of the statement, "It's better to keep one's mouth shut and let the world think you are a fool (read Idiot) than open it and remove all doubt!"

Have a great day!

Lon

AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 06:32:42 PM »

If they want to get money from ham radio they would do it via a licensing fee. The FCC certainly doesn't have the manpower to voiceprint everybody and search for illegal transmissions. Heck, they can't even keep the CBers off the 10M band.
AE4TR

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 02:13:25 AM »

Yep, you said it.  Now take your own advice. Remember when you point a finger at someone, there are at least three more pointing right back at you.

Eating chicken is better than eating crow.

Glad you got a real kick out of reading it.  

My name is Ben,AE4TR..  what's yours?  
DROLLTROLL

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 10:57:57 AM »

>> Remember when you point a finger at someone, there are at least three more pointing right back at you.<<

So why then, are you pointing your finger at President Bush, his clique, and the government in general?

>>Eating chicken is better than eating crow.<<

So stop playing the fool and you won't have to eat so much crow??

>>Glad you got a real kick out of reading it.<<

Actually it was a difficult read with all your poor grammar and spelling. I did however get a kick out of your simplistic thought process.

>>My name is Ben,AE4TR.. what's yours?<<

My name is Joe.... Joe Mama.
DROLLTROLL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2005, 05:27:14 PM »

>> This could go on forever, however, I refuse to lower my standards to be equal with yours.<<

Judging by your original post I'd say you have no standards. We've all had to lower our standards just to communicate to you at your level.... and apparently it's not low enough.

Personally I still think you don't get it.
N3ZKB, Dwayne never once posted anything here to you or anybody else. Here's a simple hint, go back to "Dwayne's" post and click on his callsign with your mouse....

Lon was right, trying to communicate with an idiot only encourages them.
AE4TR

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 04:01:37 AM »

Yep!!  Lon was right and you have proven it beyond a doubt.  
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 05:30:22 AM »

Don't go away stupid and mad, just GO AWAY!

Dennis KG4RUL
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: