The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: custom coax website???  (Read 908 times)
KF4LRT

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2005, 03:25:49 PM »

I havn't done the ham thing in a long time and I'm kinda out of the loop. I have a diamond antenna with the rg-316 coax with sma male on the end. I'm needing another 35' or so of rg-213 or lmr 400 with sma's on each end as well. I can't get a normal pl-259 plug through the wall where my cable runs and I really don't have time to try and learn to solder one on properly. I live in an apartment so putting a bigger hole in the wall isn't an option. So any good websites for some quality sma connection coax?
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:01:46 AM »

Try www.cablexperts.com.  They make custom cables.  Some even with SMA connectors.

Phil - AD5X
KF4LRT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 12:47:01 PM »

Thanks for the reply. Good coax has gotten expesive it seems. I havn't been on the radio in a good 5 years and I don't remember having paid that much for it back then.  
WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 01:53:37 PM »

You will have to go with an adapter(s) of some sort (which might not suit your situation) or settle for smaller cable.  An SMA connector isn't made that will fit on RG-213/U! and an adapter would most likely be as large or larger than a PL-259. How long is the run?  You might be able to get away with RG-8X and BNC connectors; they would be a smaller alternative.  Or at least a similar "jumper" to get through your small opening.

CableXperts is a good place to try; ask for their suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: