Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lighted Callsign Desk Lamp Source ?  (Read 1248 times)
NM3N

Ignore
« on: January 08, 2004, 03:36:26 AM »

One of QRZ's advertisers used to make very nice
"Lighted Callsign Desk Lamp's" out of Plexiglas.
I am interested in purchasing one but it appears that
they are no longer advertising on QRZ.  If anyone
knows the name of company who produced them, or how
to contact them, the information would be greatly
appreciated.  An alternate source would be great too.

Thanks, Joe NM3N
WA3DMT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 10:10:01 AM »

I found them at www.lamplogic.com under "callsign" tab.

Jay
NM3N

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:56:42 PM »

Thanks a million Jay.  They are exactly what Ive been
searching for.  I can't thank you enough for your help.

Take Care / 73

Joe NM3N
WA3DMT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 03:28:40 PM »

After my 2/13 posting, I ordered a callsign lamp from lamplogic.com and haven't heard a word from them since.  No response to my order status email and the phone numbers listed on the web site are either out of service or the wrong number. Sounds to me that the company folded.

Joe -- did you order a lamp and get a response?

Anybody know the status of lamplogic.com?

Jay
NM3N

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 05:50:44 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to check back into the
forum Jay.  I was not able to get any information
from LampLogic either via telephone or e-mail.
I guess they have closed up shop.  Its a shame,
as they had some very nice looking products.  Im
still looking around for another source but I
haven't located anything yet.

Thanks again for your help.

Joe NM3N
K6IPM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:01:29 PM »

Hi.  I have a call sign lamp made by lamplogic.  Unfortunately, the florescent bulb burned out and I haven't been able to find a replacement.  It has two leads on either side of the bulb.  I haven't been able to locate lamplogic either and it looks like they disappeared off the face of the earth.  If anyone finds anything out, please let me know.  Thanks to all.  Alan, K6IPM
KC8VUK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 11:22:45 AM »

Sir,use a high density light bulb,a friend made my call sign, I made the wood base,drilled a hole for the bulb to go into the back side,then another to go thru the top,where the sign sits, and got the bulb from a friend,with the correct resister, then put the bulb in it,and you can get the bulb for 110, or for your power supply!! Hope this will help!!      
           Billie  kc8vuk
KC8VUK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 11:25:09 AM »

Sir, correction,the bulb went into the hole from the top,ran the wires out of the back!!   Billie
K6IPM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 09:39:34 PM »

Hi everyone.  Thanks to Billie, KC8VUK and his response to my LampLogic callsign lamp question, I have come up with a nice fix for myself and those of you who need to get your lamp working again.  I did switch the unit to 12V which I run off my power supply for 2 meters.

First, I dismantled the pcb completely that LampLogic supplied.  I drilled (4) holes in the pcb using a pilot drill and a 7/32 hole.  The first hole is 3/4" from the left edge of the board and then 1" apart from there for the next (3) holes.  You should have a 3/4 space from the last hole to the right hand edge of the pcb.  The sockets (in the next step) can then be pressed nicely into place on the pcb.

I purchased (4) CK1010-8A screw-base bulb sockets with 8" wires and (4) 8V screw-base bulbs from Earth and Tree Miniatures at www.dollhouse-miniatures.com/catalog/enter.html.  They are $1.10 each which is very reasonable.  The bulbs work fine at 12V as depicted on their web sight.

I wired the (4) sets of sockets in parallel using existing trace holes on the pcb.  I used the original wire and switch so I could turn the lamp on and off.  I added red and black wires to the other side of the switch that runs to the power supply.  The (4) bulbs work great and illuminate the LampLogic callsign plexaglass with no problems and plenty of light.

You can remount the printed circuit board in place using electrical tape as I did or epoxy, etc.  Your choice.

I hope this helps those of you that have these lamps.  The entire project took about 2 hours.  Many thanks again to Billie, KC8VUK who pointed the way for me.

If any of you need further help, please contact me at alanchilds@prodigy.net.

73 de Alan, K6IPM
K6IPM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 06:27:01 AM »

As a follow up to my original message regarding the fix of your call sign plexiglas lamp, it is better to use the CK1010-7 12V bulb rather than the CK1010-7C 8V bulb which works at 12V.  I found the 8V bulbs burn out quickly.  You could also use a resister in series with the 8V bulbs to reduce the voltage down to where it should be.

Thanks and please send me an email if you have any questions.  Again my email address is alanchilds@prodigy.net.

73' de Alan, K6IPM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: