Hi everyone. Thanks to Billie, KC8VUK and his response to my LampLogic callsign lamp question, I have come up with a nice fix for myself and those of you who need to get your lamp working again. I did switch the unit to 12V which I run off my power supply for 2 meters.
First, I dismantled the pcb completely that LampLogic supplied. I drilled (4) holes in the pcb using a pilot drill and a 7/32 hole. The first hole is 3/4" from the left edge of the board and then 1" apart from there for the next (3) holes. You should have a 3/4 space from the last hole to the right hand edge of the pcb. The sockets (in the next step) can then be pressed nicely into place on the pcb.
I purchased (4) CK1010-8A screw-base bulb sockets with 8" wires and (4) 8V screw-base bulbs from Earth and Tree Miniatures at www.dollhouse-miniatures.com/catalog/enter.html
. They are $1.10 each which is very reasonable. The bulbs work fine at 12V as depicted on their web sight.
I wired the (4) sets of sockets in parallel using existing trace holes on the pcb. I used the original wire and switch so I could turn the lamp on and off. I added red and black wires to the other side of the switch that runs to the power supply. The (4) bulbs work great and illuminate the LampLogic callsign plexaglass with no problems and plenty of light.
You can remount the printed circuit board in place using electrical tape as I did or epoxy, etc. Your choice.
I hope this helps those of you that have these lamps. The entire project took about 2 hours. Many thanks again to Billie, KC8VUK who pointed the way for me.
If any of you need further help, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
73 de Alan, K6IPM