Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hotmail blocking Yahoo! Groups messages  (Read 533 times)
K7VO

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:01:14 PM »

I know a lot of ham radio reflectors (mailing lists) are on Yahoo! Groups.  If you subscribe to one of these from a hotmail.com or msn.com address you are no longer getting your messages.  Microsoft's mail services are now blocking all Yahoo! Groups mail.

If you want to receive mail from these various ham radio groups you will need another free mail account.  One from Yahoo! is sure to work.  I've also seen no problems with GMail.

Just trying to get the word out as this is effecting about 30 hams on groups I administer.

Caity
K7VO/9
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:01:48 AM »

Maybe up there, but back here,
I just a few minutes ago got
a Yahoo group posting on one
of my Hotmail accounts.

73 de Ronnie
WILLY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:50:24 AM »

by K7VO on January 15, 2006     

"
I know a lot of ham radio reflectors (mailing lists) are on Yahoo! Groups. If you subscribe to one of these from a hotmail.com or msn.com address you are no longer getting your messages. Microsoft's mail services are now blocking all Yahoo! Groups mail."

If this is truly being done at some upper level of Microsoft's mail services,  then it is a rotten trick that will get them a lot of bad publicity.  

If it is not, then perhaps it can be manipulated/configured by each individual hotmail user, for his account.

"
If you want to receive mail from these various ham radio groups you will need another free mail account. "

Maybe.

If you don't have a hotmail account yourself to examine , then suggest to your users that they spend a few minutes with theirs.

There is an "Options" link available upon log in.  Within   Options->Mail->Mailing Lists    ,  I found:

----------
Messages from some mailing lists arrive at your account with a 'To:' address that isn't your e-mail address, and as a result are likely to be filtered to your Junk E-Mail folder. Most often the 'To:' address is the mailing list's address.

To insure you receive mailing list messages in your Inbox identify the 'To:' address for each of your mailing lists.
          ------------
[followed by text boxes for the user to make entries, etc. ]

There is also    Options->Contacts->Safe List   that is worth examining.

"
 One from Yahoo! is sure to work. I've also seen no problems with GMail.  "

Yes.  But it could be quite an inconvenience.

"
Just trying to get the word out as this is effecting about 30 hams on groups I administer.  "

Again, if it is being done as some level above the user, then the things I've mentioned won't help.  But maybe they will, and adjusting those config options might be the easiest and most convenient way for your participants to continue.    
I hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: