Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu Ft-290/690/790RII owners please read  (Read 487 times)
N1KOQ

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2006, 08:50:49 AM »

Hello everyone, I have recently been in a search of an FTS-7a tone board for a 290rII that was given to me recently and came across a site called piexx.com.  Its a company in NH that manufactures aftermarket direct replacement tone boards.  Even though it does not list the 7a, I decided to give them a call and see if they have any.  I spoke to Chris and he told me while they do not, he was considering making some at one point but never did.  I explained to him that I know several of 90RII series owners who would purchase a direct replacement board for those rigs if one were available.  He informed me that he does have the capacity to manufacture these boards and has a production run coming up in the next 2 months and to drop him an email to recap our conversation.  As we all know, it wouldnt be profitable for him to make one or even 6 of these things but if the demand is there for a decent amount, he will almost certainly manufacture these boards.  Please drop him an email via his site www.piexx.com if you are interested in purchasing a drop in replacement for the fts-7a.  

Please note:  I am in no way affiliated with this company or any employee of piexx.  THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED SUCH. I posted this as I have heard quite a few people with these radios without tone boards inquire as to where to find them and would just like to help us get them.  

Thanks, Jim
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »

Try sending a message to the Foxtango website, you might get more folk interested.

http://foxtango.org/foxtango001.htm

HA5RXZ
N1KOQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 10:59:19 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  This post was copied and posted in both FT.org as well as qrz.  73, Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: