Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Color code for Motorola metal speaker  (Read 498 times)
W4CRT

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

Does anyone know the color code or paint color that comes close to the old Motorola metal speakers used in the older police cars? Some were white with a blue box and some were tan with a blue box. Thanks in advance.
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 05:55:28 AM »

Just about any auto body shop can "scan" the paint on an existing speaker and mix the paint to match. Problem comes from the tiny bit you would use... wouldn't be worth it $$. Best I can offer is just to get "close". you already know the paint scheme. Just get something close. Who is going to double check your paint job ? Perhaps a visit to a Motorola Shop would also be in order.

CAM
N2IK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

I have had good luck just cleaning speaker cases with a good cleaner such as Formula 409 or Simple Green and a soft bristle brush to remove the accumulated dirt. My GE speakers look like new after that treatment. If not satisfied after they are dryed and polished with a towel, you can always repaint them. I have found that the GE and Motorola speakers are worth working on as they are much better than most of the import speakers available.

73 de Walt N2IK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: