Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 meter band  (Read 474 times)
VY1JON

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:21:08 AM »

Hi. I have been a ham op. for about 6 or 7 years now. Having only the basic qualifications, i can only operate over the 30Mhz. And to be honest, i have spent most of my time on the 11 meter band. Anyways, i was thinking that i would like to get on the 6 meter. I dont know if there is any local activity here but i am looking forward to do some DXing. Even though unlocking a clarifier for SSB use in the 11 meter band is illegal, most people do it. I personally run a stock rig and it works fine for me. I would like to know, is it the same deal in the same 6 meter band? When it comes to SSB operations, do people use "unlocked" clarifier or there is simply no such thing in the 50Mhz? I am asking this because if i eventually get a 6 meter radio, i want to know what i will be looking to buy, a RCI-5054DX seems to be resonable for the budget i have, and i always liked the ranger products! Please, any comments about this article would be appreciated and helpfull. Thanks
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 03:21:21 PM »

hi,

if you can find a kenwood ts-60 grab it !

you've got nine replies so far in the elmer forum.

see you there!

73 james
VY1JON

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 04:22:19 PM »

Well thank you very much everyone. I had a few good replies, that were very helpfull. I appreciate all the comments from everyone. I am considering getting on the 6 meter band, i already looked at a hole bunch of homemade antennas that could be easily made for cheap. Thanks again =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: