Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio Moscow rebroadcast  (Read 565 times)
KB9YTQ

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2006, 05:55:51 PM »

I'm currently an international studies/Russian studies student at American University in Washington, DC.  For my latest research paper, I thought I'd combine my hobbies and academic interest by writing about Radio Moscow as a tool of Soviet foreign policy during the Cold War.  Now, I distinctly remember reading an article a number of years ago about an AM station in the Southern US that would record Radio Moscow broadcasts (1950s or 1960s?) and then rebroadcast them the next night with American commentary.  It seems to me that it was in Popular Communications or something.   I really think that this could really help me, so does anyone have any idea where I read that?  Or am I crazy?  Sorry I can't give any more information, but that's all I can remember.  Any information about Radio Moscow, however, is greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much!
Mark, KB9YTQ
KE4VBG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:23:43 PM »

Hear it Live any night on 9.665 mhz in perfect English.

73,Doug
NS6Y_

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 01:18:04 AM »

I used to get them clear as a bell on my Hallicrafters S-40b with a wire strung around the room for an antenna, in beautiful(?) downtown Honolulu. This was in the 80s.
HA5RXZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 04:22:47 AM »

Ah, happy days.

Many years ago when I first got into ham radio I had a longwire running the length of my parents garden. Our neighbor took exception to this (as with everything else our family did) and one night there was a knock on the door. My Father opened it to find a police officer standing there.

The officer was very embarrassed and explained that somebody had reported that a communist spy was operating from the house and using the antenna to transmit information back to Moscow. He asked to see my radio equipment so I took him upstairs to my room.

As he walked in the first thing he saw was a QSL card from Radio Moscow 8-)

HA5RXZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: