Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need battery for Azden AZ-21a  (Read 1098 times)
KC2LVC

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »

Anyone know where I may be able to find the battery (BP-11) for the Azden AZ-21a HT? It's pretty old and I'm having a hard time finding one. I beleive the AZ-61 and AZ-11 are the same.  Any stores online that have older batteries maybe?
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:57:56 AM »

If the case of your original battery pack is in sound condition, it's entirely feasible to rebuild it with new, matched cells. If you don't feel comfortable attempting to do this yourself, there are firms which do this reasonably.

I use the NiCd Lady Company which is located in California. Goggle the company name and you'll have no trouble finding Grace.  She's the best.

I'm on the East Coast, but after dealing with the gorrillas who work at my local Batteries Plus retail store and having hard-to-replace and no longer made cases from some old commercial radios destroyed by ignorant techs who didn't know how to disassemble them correctly, I learned my lesson.  Grace is very knowledgeable, gives excellent service and brisk turnaround.  

Cost varies depending upon on the size of the pack and type of cells, but for example, I recently sent a Priority Mail box of a half dozen GE 7.2V 2200 mah and ICOM 9.6V 1450 mah battery packs cross country, got an email quote back within a week, got the packs rebuilt for about $40 apiece with high capacity NiMh cells, charged to my credit card and returned via Priority Mail in about 3 weeks total turnaround time.

Works for me.
KC2LVC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 07:45:03 AM »

Yeah, that's the problem. I don't have the case. I bought this radio years ago without the battery and never got around to buying a new one for it. Now it's so hard to find. Too bad because it's a nice HT. Not all the bells and whistles of todays radios, but seems solid.
KE4SKY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 07:43:15 AM »

Is this the same BP-11 pack which goes with the Standard Model 834 commercial radio, or some other BP-11, look at the picture on this link:

http://www.batteries.com/productprofile.asp?appid=302905
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: