Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QRZ... Any hams in the Florida area?  (Read 492 times)
G0VHS

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »

Hi friends,

I am having withdrawal symptoms from lack of HF radition, and wondered if there was anyone down near the West Palm beach are who had some HF in their shack I could use to trade for a crate of beer!

I would really love to make a hookup across the pond to the UK say on 80 or 40 as these are my favourite bands.

I am currently bored to heck in louisiana. My TH79E handie batteries are goosed!!
I will be flying out on Sunday and staying a week. It would be really cool to hook up with some other fellow hams.

MYCALL@dsl.pipex.com

Thanks,
Terry W5/G0VHS
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:36:10 PM »

http://www.qrz.com/callsign?callsign=NAME&search=West+Palm+beach&simple=on

449 of them in West Palm, click on the call sign and you might get some with an email address for you to establish contact. good luck !

N4VNV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 06:49:33 AM »

Don't take it personal if you have no luck finding anyone to talk to. I lived there many years ago and in the year 2000 was back on family business and no one would chat with me. When the Miami HamFest was going on (in Homestead) the Talk In Operator shut down only two hours after the fest started up and I could not get directions even though I was close by visiting Coral Castle. I have several other negative examples I could relate, just don't take it personal. Hams in South Florida are just not very friendly. I had much better luck in Europe than in Florida. My German Call was DA2SN.
KG4QPQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:51:51 AM »

Hey, don't throw all Florida Hams in that bucket.  I can speak for the Orlando area, the Hams here are friendly and helpful.  When Hamcation is going on here (1st weekend in Feb) our talk in starts two days before and doesn't end till it's over.

73 - Louis
G0VHS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 06:40:03 AM »

Thanks for the reply chappies...

I have just left Lousiana and am in the airport lobby on the way to Florida. In LA there weren't that many operators that I could get on my handie, the ones I could reach were most welcoming.

I guess the 449 hams listed in the Florida area don't use eham or are shy, etc :-)

I even emailed the local DX club....nothing.

Guess I'm not going to get my RF fix for now.
Lets hope I can find a Ham store or something.

Cheers,

de Terry
G0VHS
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »

Terry,

If you are going back to louisiana and get a chance to come up to Little Rock, Arkansas. Stop by, a six pack will be plenty and I have a pretty good low band station. Have fun.

73, de Lindy
G0VHS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:04:47 PM »

Hi Lindy,
Thanks...Let's hope I get a chance to get back to Louisiana.
Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: