Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you like your Icom IC-R75?  (Read 487 times)
KC8YWO

Ignore
« on: January 28, 2007, 05:34:21 PM »

Yeah, I purchaed an RF Systems EMF antenna from Universal Radio. It seems to do ok. I have it in my apartment.

One of the problems I am finding though, is that I can't keep a signal for very long. It will start out strong, but then start to fade or get full of static. I then have to search for a different freq.
KC8YWO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »

I just purchased a new Icom IC-R75 and should be getting it today (Monday). I ended up selling my Grundig Satellit 800. The Grunding was just too big for me.

For the people that own an IC-R75, how do you like it? I have read great reviews on the radio for quite somtime now. It seems like it is the best bang for your buck as well.
SSB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 12:19:36 AM »

I had an IC R75 for a few years with an IC 718.  I could not tell the difference on receive between the two radios.  They were identical.  Both of these radios have excellent receivers.  Unless someone needs a few of the conveniences that the R75 has, it makes more sense to me to buy the 718 and get a transmitter for free since both radios cost about the same.  The 75 also has 6 meters which the 718 doesn't.  It depends what you want and what you can do without.

Alex....
KE5LDO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:10:20 PM »

I think you will be as ecstatic as I am about the difference.  I own a Sat 800 and had a Eton E1-xm which I got rid of because of all sorts of problems, including memory loss and failing LED display.  It is like going from a Pinto to a Cadillac.  In my opinon, it is the greatst thing for a receiver.  It is my new bedside radio that puts the other 2 to shame. I have it attached to the PAR end fed SWL at onlt 12 feet and am picking up with clarity moany more than the other could only dream about.  You will truly enjoy it after the 800. Just have a decent, not fantastic antenna.  Even an indoor loop will do great.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: