Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dayton Hamvention rig discounts?  (Read 2974 times)
WB0VRI

Ignore
« on: March 12, 2007, 05:45:05 AM »

I know that sales tax in Ohio is 8 percent or more. If I buy a rig at the show, I'll pay at least 8 percent more than I would if I bought mail-order....

My question is what discounts have people typically gotten at Dayton on HF rigs? Was the discount in money or free accessories?

If I'm going to buy a rig, is it worth my while to wait until the Hamvention?
AD5X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:44:32 AM »

I don't know about Ten Tec gear, but discounts on other radios can be fairly substantial from most of the vendors.  Also, if you have them ship the radio to your home instead of carrying it off, they will also not charge tax (at least they haven't in the past if your home state wasn't the same as one of their stores), and often shipping is free as well.

Phil - AD5X
WB0VRI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:38 AM »

Can anyone quote percentages? I'm especially interested in the deals people got on Icom's and Kenwood's HF rigs in recent years (percentage off or dollars off a specific model).

Are the vendors selling the rigs the manufacturers or the standard vendors like HamRadio Outlet, AES, etc?
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:00:04 AM »

Discounts that I have seen do exceed the 8% sales tax so in that sense you are ahead by buying at Dayton.  However, this is only true if you plan on going to Dayton whether or not you buy something.

If you go to Dayton solely to purchase an item, your travel expenses (gas, food, lodging) and ticket will generally eat up any savings you might find.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »

hi,

aes has their Superfest this month,
you may not have to wait for Dayton !

Same pricing in person or mail orders at aes Superfest.

73 james
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: