Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W1UK & Ebay  (Read 504 times)
KB8MCZ

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2007, 05:42:57 PM »

Watch out if you buy anything from W1UK on Ebay as he charges for shipping insurance and then doe's not pack the item very well as he describes, it then comes damaged and then he does not honer the UPS insurance. When I try to make the claim I cannot get any answers as he ships it out under his employers account. He will not reurn phone calls or emails. Boy did he screw me!!
KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 07:35:12 PM »

You should be making a claim with UPS, not the person (or company) that sends the item.  If it's insured, then once it leaves them, it's not their responsibility anymore.  That's exactly what insurance is for - if something's damaged, the shipping company compensates you.

And it's not always the shipper's fault when something gets damaged.  I was outside a hospital once, and I saw a UPS truck go by with it's back door open, while a huge box fell out and landed in the middle of traffic.  It's hard to tell what was in that box.  But the damage sure wasn't the fault of the person (or company) who sent it.
N2VWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:30:43 PM »

How many forums are you going to post this in?

Give it a break!

Gary n2vww
KB8MCZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 01:25:14 AM »

I did make a claim with UPS, they then called me, came out and took pictures, sent papers to W1UK. I then waited and waited, nothing. So I called UPS and they said they could not tell me anything because I was the third party and that I was not the actual one that got the insurance, W1UK did. So I had to send a letter to the Attorney General in Conneticut, finnaly UPS called me and said that W1UK has not yet sent back his part of the claim forms after five months. So I did evrything correctly!
KA1MDA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:11:32 AM »

If you're going to post rants containing rambling, run-on sentances in multiple forums which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of your post, the least you could do is learn how to spell DOES and HONOR correctly!
KB8MCZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:02:26 PM »

Don't know were you get your info from but here is the ebay link from where I did bid on W1UK's item and it was my wifes account untill she lost it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9718140455&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D9718140455%26fvi%3D1

Don't know who the hell Gary is.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 06:04:35 AM »

"Reply by KA1MDA on March 21, 2007
If you're going to post rants containing rambling, run-on sentances in multiple forums which have absolutely nothing to do with the subject of your post, the least you could do is learn how to spell DOES and HONOR correctly!"

And just what might "sentances" be?

Dennis KG4RUL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: