Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARRL 2007 Handbook.  (Read 568 times)
WE7MBU

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »

Someone told me that this book covers all the antenna theory that is covered in the "The ARRL Antenna Book" See I'm not sure if I want to buy it or not, because there is a new version of the Antenna book coming out.

Can someone comment?
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

In looking at the books, the Handbook does cover the theory.  However, it does not cover as many antenna types and applications as the Antenna book.
WE7MBU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 10:10:38 PM »

I alredy have the "ARRL operating manual" I'm just wondering if it would be wise to get the handbook whilst waiting on the new BIG antenna book to come out.

How much overlap is there?
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 04:53:51 AM »

I have all three (Handbook, Antenna Book, and Operating manual).  There is enough different material in each one that it is worthwhile to eventually have all of them for reference.  The antenna book and operating manual cover their respective subjects in more depth than the related section in the Handbook.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 05:23:12 PM »

The thing about the Handbook is that it covers a whole lot of other subjects besides antennas. It probably covers all the basic antenna theory that you'll need. If I could have only one book it would be the Handbook. It's best to have both.
NG0K

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:06:29 AM »

Then when you get pretty well versed in basic antenna theory, pick up a copy of ON4UN's Low Band Antennas.  But put on your metric system hat and understand that 1/4 wave in his terms is 90 degrees.

Doug NG0K

73, Doug - NG0K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: