Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kind of radio is this???  (Read 450 times)
KB7SNQ

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2007, 05:43:41 PM »

I have a friend who had a radio in his garage collecting dust so he gave it to me.  It is a HAM INTERNATIONAL MULTICOM 3.  I'm sure it's a CB but, is there a way to mod it for 10meter or something useful?  
ANY INFO ON THIS RADIO WOULD BE VERY WELCOME AND HELPFUL. (EVEN IF IT CAN'T BE MOD'ED I'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT IT IS.)
THANX
7 3
Mike kb7snq
Tempe, AZ
KB7SNQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 05:58:49 PM »

SORRY  *** MULTIMODE 3 ***
N7NBB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »

Man, ya really gotta give GOOGLE a TRY.
in less than 5 seconds, I had about 100 links to your HAM MULTIMODE 3 - whatever.. I cut your radio's Name from your post, and pasted it into Google.... BINGO !
there is was....

Photos, circuit board layouts, block diagrams, transceiver specs... Adjustments, PINOUTS, etc etc etc.  and that was just the FIRST link I clicked on:
 http://malzev.tripod.com/cb-funk/ptbm133.htm

There was even more on down the page... and many many more links in GOOGLE... RIPE for your surfin'

Hope that helps...
GO GOOGLE-ing today !

KB7SNQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 07:02:03 PM »

Thanks for your time in looking this up in google.  I did this as well but, I think I need to be more spacific in my post.(Sorry)  I was wondering if its able to be modified at all for ham use.(I hardly knew enough about electronics to get my ticket. hi hi) Also would love to know about the operation of this radio ie; what is the -40, 40, -80, 80 do? what is usb and lsb knobs do? and so forth...
Thanks again.
KB1LKR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 08:07:19 PM »

USB and LSB get you into Single Side Band (vs AM), also FM, used in preference to AM or SSB in some European countries now.

Looks like the -80, -40, +40, +80 gets you 80 more 10kHz spaced pirate channels (in groups of 40) below and 80 more above the US Class D CB band of 26.965-27.405 MHz for a total of 200 channels spanning 26.065-28.305 MHz, though these "extra" channels are allocated to other users, depending on country, including a slight incursion into the bottom of the 10m ham band (28.0-29.7 MHz).

It is not clear if it meets the spectral purity requirements for amateur transmitters in the 28.0-28.3 MHz range (or elsewhere for that matter).

I think I'd keep shopping.
KB7SNQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:30 PM »

Thanks!!!  I'll keep looking...Ill put it on the spare parts shelf in the garage or ebay-it.
KD8DQK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 01:55:18 AM »

Can't have too many spare parts!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: