Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: clicking sounds  (Read 338 times)
KC9ATJ

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »

Earlier this morning, I turned my radio on and I heard clicking noises (kinda like a geiger counter) on all bands of my radio.  After hearing this, I then changed radios thinking that it might be something internal in the radio or something.  I turned the backup rig on and still heard clicks across all bands.  Frustrated because I didn't want to be hearing these clicks (I know, I can listen to static trying to pull a call for a QSO, but I can't handle the clicks), I turned the radio off and decided to get ready for work.  When I got to work, one of the girls that I worked with turned a radio on and turned it onto one of the few stations that we can get in the factory, and I heard the clicks again (I didn't notice it after about 5 minutes though).  I just went and checked, and I still have these clicks.  looking at the S-Meter, they average about S3-4 and peak at S9.

Could their be something atmospheric that could be causing this, or could it be something else.  We had some thunderstorms come through earlier this evening, could they cause this?

Any response would be great.  I hope this fixes itself, but would just like to know what is causing it for future reference.

73's

Joel
KC9ATJ
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 09:29:23 PM »

How far away from work do you live?  It would be strange to have the same noise on a wide range of HF/broadcast spectrum over a wide area....

The one thing in common is you.  You sure you're not radiating QRM? ;-)

Can you record a .wav or .mp3 file of the noise and  post  it somewhere?  Makes it easier to ID...

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: