Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ever use Echolink?  (Read 402 times)
KC9LKW

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:19:02 AM »

Me and my wife just got our names in the uls database , and are using echolink till we can get a radio. We use the orange county repeater in Indiana that is owned by the ocarc . Does anyone else use Echolink?  Is there a echolink program i can download from the net that would allow me to add the node number ((I THINK IT IS CALLED)) so i can connect to a echolink station not on the program list?

Thanks
                                      KC9LKW
                                       ROY
PHILIP_EX_KC7FWB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »

Station -> Connect To

That allows you to enter the node number.
K9KJM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:57:28 AM »

Huh?
For the Echolink stations on at any give time, Click on current stations for the list:
http://www.echolink.org/

Nowadays there are usually well over 3,000 stations on at any given time.
XY3LON4

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:50:12 AM »

I tried using Echolink but I am constantly on the road and the only way that I can connect is to use WiFi and I can't figure out a way to open the proper UDP ports. 5198 and 5199. I have even turned off my firewall and that doesn't work.
2E0BSS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 02:39:25 PM »

I use echolink it's ok depends which area I want and Echolink.org is the best place to get echolink from, as previously said.

2E0BSS
N0FPE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 09:29:37 AM »

I downloaded Echolink...played with it 2-3 times. decided I like real radio better, wiped it off my computer and have no plans to ever put it back on. If I wanted to PRETEND to work radio I could do that in a reqular computer chat room. OVER!
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:56:35 PM »

I too do not use echo link, but I know a few folks that do.

some folks ( very young) don't have the money or permission from their folks to put up an outside HF antenna, and some folks ( very old) in a retirement home or such can't run a station either.  in either of those cases, or just because it is a different mode to play with it is a mode that hams can play with.

I also don't do amatuer tv, rtty, moon bounce, vhf/uhf tropo ducting or 2 m cw  dx.  But I don't mind at all if you do.. 73  

this is supposed to be  a place for hams to help other hams, its the Elmers Forum, and any and all questions are welcome if concerning some aspect of ham radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: