Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Took Riley's advice...  (Read 1298 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 02:21:57 PM »

Ummm...  most hams are not old ladies in their 70s, and most CBers are not muggers!
ONLYON6METERS

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 02:23:46 PM »

i understood perfectly.  what i really think is wa8mea needs to take up another hobby where he wouldn't stress out over such troubles.  astronomy would be my 1st thought, he'd be alone, nobody to talk to, nobody to hear him.  but, wait, HE would probably be the one to see the asteroid that was going to crash into the earth, and, since he'd gotten rid of his radios, he'd be unable to contact anyone.  with nothing to do, he'd put his telescope away and go watch letterman.....
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 06:09:32 PM »

Just because a man does some typing does not mean he has to be "stressed out".  

Or maybe that's a mirror.

!
ONLYON6METERS

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 04:25:51 PM »

'Or maybe that's a mirror.'   hmmmmmmm.....stress?  i use the radio to relax.  80 meters to 1.2 gig, i can ragchew, dx, avoid hooligans, go boating, go driving, go biking, go hiking, go hunting, go fishing, go shopping, go skiing, go swimming....want any more examples?  if there's any stress here, that's trying to decide what to pass on so i can do some contesting this weekend.  on/off switches, band switches, vfo knobs, awwwwww, forget it.  i hope wa8mea tells us what charities he'd prefer us to donate to when the stress gets him.  
N5PVL

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 08:35:26 AM »

Quote:
"Ever hear a cat being tortured over the air?"

I thought so one time, but it turned out to be Bill Pasternak at the editor's desk.

Back on topic:

If you are aware of an interference issue or other on the air problem that is not being addressed by the powers that be, why not stop by at Amateur Radio Watch and see how a small group, or even a single amateur can make a real difference in that kind of situation.

ARWatch is a hosting service for amateur radio activists. It's free, you just pay with your nerves because everything at ARWatch must hold up to three guiding documents:

PART97, The Amateurs Code, and Carl Sagan's Baloney Detection Kit.

http://www.arwatch.com

Amateur Radio's Watchdog Host.

73 DE Charles, N5PVL
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: