Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KY Law regarding school  (Read 1156 times)
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:24 PM »

Thanks, but I just saw that I mispelled "Principal" so I'll be staying after class -- again!

KE3WD
W5HTW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 07:31:08 AM »

Schools have things called "policies."  After you have graduated from college, look that word up in a dictionary and see if you can figure out its meaning.  

You can stop "packing" your radio, OR you can stay in trouble all the time in school, OR you can advertise on the internet for a school that YOU like, and then you can go there?  Or you can drop out entirely, and let the radio be your school.  

I don't know what grade you are in, but by the time you get to the 5th grade, maybe you will begin to have your priorities straight.  

Ed
N3BIF

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 08:34:16 AM »

"Thanks, but I just saw that I mispelled "Principal" so I'll be staying after class -- again!"

Remember the hint , he is your PAL......

;o)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:08 PM »

KC8VWM...   I had the same problem as a kid.  I used to bring my Lafayette CB walkie talkie to school, and I became the center of attention!  Teachers finnally made me stop because of all the foul language coming thru the receive speaker. (it had a regenerative receiver and would pick up all 23 CB channels at once, including all those colorful truckers nearby!)
WA4MJF

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 01:48:57 PM »

You might explain your probem to some adult
hams and they can tell their state legislators.

The Republic of Texas' legislature just passed
a law the prohibits schools from not allowing
licensed hams to have their radios at school.

73 de Ronnie
K4JC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 08:38:16 PM »

My high school principal was pretty cool. He allowed me to install a 6 meter repeater in the main school building! The building was on top of a pretty high hill in southwest Baltimore, and being a good distance away from residences made a great 6 meter site. Of course, with TV Channel 2 in town there wasn't a lot of 6 meter activity, but it was still fun to brag that I had a repeater at my school! :-)
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: