Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trying to decide...  (Read 374 times)
N9FME

Ignore
« on: November 21, 2007, 03:00:09 PM »

I'm currently using an FT-920 and really love it. I'm also starting to get the bug to try a different radio..My question is this, (and please don't blast me for this as I really am trying to figure out the best move..)

Is there much difference between the 920 and a 756 Pro?

I've only ran the 920 and really like it but I have always heard fantastic things about the 756 Pro..

Any advice and all opinions are appreciated..Thanks!!!

Greg
N9FME

K7UNZ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »

Hi Greg....

Well, first a question.....are you talking about a 756PRO, or a new 756PRO III?

Best thing to do would be to pop over to the ICOM site (www.icomamerica.com) and either look over, or download, the brochure on the PRO III.

Even better would be to arraqnge a trip to a dealer and get a first-hand demonstration, after you check out the brochure.

The PRO III does offer a whole lot of stuff, but what it's usefullness is will depend entirely on your operating style.  I don't have a 756PRO III, but do have a 746PRO, which to me is pretty much the same thing without all the glitz and glamor.  It suits my needs quite well as a back-up to my old workhorse FT-990.

To be honest, I've always kinda liked the FT-920 although I've never owned one.  Nice styling, and the reviews here on eham give it a good reputation.  

Know this isn't much help, but the bottom line is that no one can tell you what rig is best for you.  You just have to see for yourself.

73, Jim/k7unz

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: