Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am acused of scamming  (Read 1198 times)
KC2PTA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 04:26:18 PM »

Well, thank you for the insite, and also the advice. For the record, I only operate on saterday and sunday. However, I do admit I put radio first and formost. My aunt and Uncle are pretty much letting me do my own thing, I have been told "As long as your grades are not below a C avarage, and you are not in trouble with any one, we dont care what you do. As long as it is done with sence and reason." Yes i live on a farm, a 20acre farm, and I do ALOT of tractoring, and trenching. I recently painted my barn, and fixed up a subaru. I have other hobbies, but i am a radio freek.
Now, on to the money, I will ask for a copy of both sides, and also proofe of me cashing it.
Sorry my priorities are scuew, but I'll work on them. Also my apologies on my spelling and gramatical errors. I take what you Lon have said as constructive critisism. Thank you.
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »

>>Well, thank you for the insite, and also the advice. For the record, I only operate on saterday and sunday. However, I do admit I put radio first and formost. My aunt and Uncle are pretty much letting me do my own thing, I have been told "As long as your grades are not below a C avarage, and you are not in trouble with any one, we dont care what you do. As long as it is done with sence and reason." Yes i live on a farm, a 20acre farm, and I do ALOT of tractoring, and trenching. I recently painted my barn, and fixed up a subaru. I have other hobbies, but i am a radio freek.
Now, on to the money, I will ask for a copy of both sides, and also proofe of me cashing it.
Sorry my priorities are scuew, but I'll work on them. Also my apologies on my spelling and gramatical errors. I take what you Lon have said as constructive critisism. Thank you. <<

This speaks volumes.  

Joshua may be a lot of things, but he is a young man of good heart and character judging from the above.  

To read this on the internet gives me hope actually, when hams a lot older would have gone on a flamefest.  

I take it the other party is under the legal age of contract also from the email.  

Josh, just cut communications with him if you can.  

If you can't do that, you have the right thing to demand, just saying that you cashed a money order doesn't mean diddly.  There is the paper chain...

KE3WD
KC2PTA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »

Well, I have thought seriously of just blocking his emails, and stopping the comunication link, BUT there is one problem, he has threatend to spread all over the net, that I am a scamming s.o.b. So, in all efforts to pursuade him to not do that, I am between a rock, and a hard spot. But I will try this aproach, and wait to see the outcome. Thank you for your nice coment, but i have been irrated by people correcting my english skills, and in the past I have said well I am a dumb redneck hick. But as it was pointed out, that is socially wrong. So, I will try my best to make my gramatical errors minimal, and my positive attitude most presant. Thank all of you hams and non hams who have responded and gave advice. I will follow each of the sugestions, and try my best. I will requst the paper trail, and see the oputcome. I will also keep you all posted and up-to-date on the subject.

thank you all, and 73's,
Joshua Hughes

KC2PTA
Orland, California.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »

Josh, it's great to hear a youngster so excited about ham radio.  Just don't forget one thing.  NOW is the time for you to go after and get the really hot babes!  You'll have plenty of time to sit behind the mike and bitch and complain about everything once you get older.  Go out and enjoy the music while you can still hear it! Smiley
KC2PTA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 11:57:29 PM »

Well it is funny to have yousay that. My sister tells me ham radio is a waste, and she allways tells me how i should be more focased on girls, and my parents think i am a homosexual because i havent brought home a female friend yet. But my sister goes farther, and shows me all these examples of hams in my area who are divorced, the GREATER majority of the... Which leads me to believe i am doomed before i look. I have a girl friend now, but i hold very little weight to her. She is too much of a girly girl. but i understand what you are saying, and you are exactly right.
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »

"But my sister goes farther, and shows me all these examples of hams in my area who are divorced, the GREATER majority of the... Which leads me to believe i am doomed before i look"

My fiancee thinks ham radio is very cool, don't worry about it.  

As far as the guy who says you're scamming him, he very well may be scamming you.

As long as you didn't cash his money order, you're in the clear.  He may be trying to guilt you into sending the radio for free.  He may have already canceled or cashed the order himself... do you have it?

As far as your "good name" on the internet.. it doesn't matter one bit.  You don't need it... you don't want to get into selling and buying stuff online a lot right now.

If this guy is sending emails like that, he's either a jerk or trying to scam YOU.

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
VE7PBY

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2007, 04:54:40 PM »

It is far too easy for someone to guilt a younger person into doing something out of fear.

Josh, you have been given some really good advice here, but I will offer one more piece of advice. You should call the police and file a report. Make sure you have all your facts printed out, in date/time order, with the correct spelling of names, print out any emails, and any thing else related. The police may not do much, but if this person continues to harass you, then the police will be ready to act on your behalf.

Consider this a life-lesson learned, something I am always talking to my 16 year old daughter about.

Keep up the grades and follow your passions! Life is too short not to.

Cheers
KC2PTA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 04:59:37 PM »

i still have not recieved money nor any contact from either party to date.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: