Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I plan on moving to Germany. HELP!  (Read 583 times)
KI4JGT

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:34:53 AM »

Need to know the laws regarding the amateur radio service over there. When it comes to technical stuff, I can't understand a thing! Imagine it in German, where I'm not that fluent yet. Can some one give me a major heads-up.
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »

You can start by look in the AARL about operating overseas.  Germany has signed one of the agreements regarding reciprocal operating privelages.

There's some paperwork IIRC and of course, you will have to look up the rules at some point to make sure your bands are good.

I do have a friend who is German - I'll point him towards this topic.  He just got back from a long vacation and operated while he was there.
KI4JGT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 07:26:53 AM »

Thanks QSL and 73 I'll be here waiting
KC9LTO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:24:33 AM »

Hello.  This post caught my eye because I've studied the German language and have traveled to Germany (never operated there, though).  

You might find the following website handy:

http://www.darc.de

It is the website of the Deutscher (German) Amateur-Radio Club.  When you first get to the website, it will be in German.  Click on the flags in the left-hand corner.  Then click on "English Website" at the end of a long list of the club's website names in different languages.  

I didn't take the time to explore the site, but it might get you to some links about operating, many of them probably with English versions of their websites.

Ann, KC9LTO
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »

A lot depends on how long you are going there for. For something like 3 months, the reciprocal arrangement works: after that, the normal procedure is to take a local licence in the usual way.
TANAKASAN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 03:18:21 AM »

You'll enjoy Friedrichshafen 8-) It's a smaller version of Dayton where you have to bring a tent and a sleeping bag.

Tanakasan
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »

Due to the latest CEPT changes, you will need to upgrade to Extra before going to operate using a reciprocal license.  Techs and Generals no longer qualify for CEPT reciprocal operation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: