Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comet CWA 1000 3.5/7/14/21/28MHz Trapped Dipole  (Read 1760 times)
DY1UBY

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:36:55 PM »

Any further info about Comet CWA 1000 3.5/7/14/21/28MHz Trapped Dipole? Is this a good wire antenna? Any experienced hams already used the Comet CWA 1000 3.5/7/14/21/28MHz Trapped Dipole? Any advice. Many thanks and Happy Holidays to All!
M3ZYN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

Bought my CWA-1000 about 9 months ago. High quality components, construction is straight forward.
At moment have only the 3.5/7.0/21Mhz element erected (XYL objects to 4 wires!) in a sloping vee configuration: the feed point IS at approx 6mtr AGL and both arms (arc of 60 degrees) terminate about 3metres AGL, aligned westwards.
IT WORKS WELL!
I'm hearing the world on it! But bearing in mind I'm restricted to 10W (and focussing on cw) the furthest "out" I've got so far is Kazakhstan eastwards:(RST 339!), southwards: Mauritania, westwards: Arizona and northwards Svarlbard.
My location is anything but perfect, so all in all I'm very satisfied with the antenna. It tunes up on all the bands through an MFJ948 and the only obviously "duff" one is 30m - I hear much on this band but I suspect I'm just warming up one or more of the traps rather than radiating!!

Well worth investing in.

Bob/M3ZYN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: