Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 60meters FT857D  (Read 1440 times)
KI4HNN

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »

Hello all,
I have a question that I can't seem to figure out and I need some help.  I have a FT-857D radio, and I am trying to transmit on 60meters freq 5.371.500khz but I cannot as the radio gives me a TX Error.  I can however transmit on 5.332.00khz just fine.  Is there a way that I can get the radio to transmit on 5.371.500khz?  I understand that 5.332.00khz is the center freq.  Any tips?

Thanks,
Joseph
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:34:40 PM »

Page 38 of the FT-857D Operating manual describes the use of the pre-programmed memory channels M-601 through M-605 for 60M operation.

Dennis Raymond Zabawa - KG4RUL
ARRL SC Section, Public Information Coordinator
Berkeley County SC ARES/RACES, Information Officer
SC Army MARS - AAR4GC/T
Trident Amateur Radio Club(TARC), Charleston, SC
Community Emergency Response Team, Charleston, SC - Team C9B - Instructor
W4VEC Volunteer Examiner
N4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

See the 857 FAQ on Yaesu's website. It explains this. Also, the FT857/897 Yahoo group is also a vast source of information.

There is also (under the 897D reviews) here on eHam that addreses this very issue.

Basically the frequences in the radio ARE correct. And, you can only used those frequencies in the memory channels which they reside. Poking a 60 meter frequency in another momory will result in no TX (out of band).

Question is what will happen when or if the ARRL is successful in it's petition to change one of the
60M frequencies due to interference.

Craig N4CQR
Berea, KY USA.Earth
N3OX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:25:35 AM »

"Basically the frequences in the radio ARE correct. And, you can only used those frequencies in the memory channels which they reside. Poking a 60 meter frequency in another momory will result in no TX (out of band).
"

In particular, Yaesu decided to make the memory channels display the *channel center frequency* as specified in the rules about 60m.

Everywhere else, the radio displays the suppressed carrier frequency, which is what we're used to.

So there's no problem.  Use the memory channel frequencies and you'll be on the right frequency with everyone else.

Dan

Dan
http://www.n3ox.net

Monkey/silicon cyborg, beeping at rocks since 1995.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: