Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: East-Cars Mid-Cars West-Cars  (Read 2320 times)
KD7HX

Ignore
« on: September 17, 2000, 01:51:23 PM »

Do any of the nets listed in the subject line still operate?As I recall, Mid-Cars use to be around 7.255.
W3GJD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2000, 05:50:57 PM »

EAST COAST AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE (ECARS) IS VERY, VERY ACTIVE.
7.255 daily, until the broadcast stations take over the band:
CK: www.qsl.net/ecars
N8HUL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2000, 03:12:01 PM »

MidCARS is on 7.258.  Usually starts around 7:30 am and dies out around 1:30 pm or later.  Weekends are usually very active...
K0CBA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2000, 10:08:06 AM »

re: MIDCARS on 7.258.   It used to be a great service until a consumate CB'er from Mount Morris, MI. started using it for his daily radio show of idiotic attempts at gutter humor.
W8QWL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2001, 03:28:32 PM »

K0CBA,
Just reading the threads on the form and saw you have a comment on the operation of mid cars. I use and rely on mid cars operation on a daily basis. It allows me to stay in contact with many of my friends as either I or they travel.

I feel your comment on a retired CB'er operating the mid car frequency is out of line, I have talked to this operator serveral times when I had to get traffice through and even you may think he is a little course I find his operation as net controller is above reproach. I don't think we need any more channel cops. If you feel you can do  a better job please apply to any one of the nets controls for an application.
KA8SCP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2001, 08:02:30 AM »

ECARS uses 7255
MidCARS uses 7258

I was looking for websites for a couple of these... www.google.com showing nothing for midcars?

Any help?

de KA8SCP
W0LPQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2002, 02:25:19 PM »

No web site for MidCars.  Southcars.com will get you that one.  They are on 7251 and operation is somewhat erratic.

Regarding the CB'er, Thank You Denny!!  I have to agree about his operation as a Service Controller.  Granted he may be, at times, somewhat coarse, but listen to him as a Service Controller.  Does pretty darn good considering tuner-uppers and sometimes deliberate interference.

Bill, W0LPQ
W6FG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

Hi all,
I'd like to know any info about what was once called WestCars or the net control of WC. Yrs ago I would listen around noon on 7255 and I think the control op was a "Bill" someone and I thought the call was something like K6ZMI(?) He did an incredible job at keeping order dispite the few CB type operators who would NOT give up and let the operation run. The net was under constant harrassment however I believe it rendered a much needed service.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Time flies like arrows...
Fruit flies like bananas!
KB9BVN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 04:51:54 PM »

Do any of these mobile nets accept CW checkins?

I only have CW in the truck.
WX9DX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

I'd like to state one thing at this time!
If you don't like what you hear on the radio you have several choices!

I've been using "Mid Cars" to chat with friends for many years more than some! It's always been great and never dull. Many close friends of mine monitor it! There has never been anyone on there as a net control OP that has not done well. Some have different ways of doing things. But that said, It's always handeled well.

It seems you might find somewhere else to hang out for your net operations than 7258 if they don't meet your needs or your style of Ham radio! I'd remember this "not everybody is you"! There are vast differences in people,and the way they talk, walk, and look. Diversity is the key. How boring it would be if everyone was like you! Sorry, but it's true! I would not like a world if everyone was like me either.

So you'd be well advised to move on if you don't like the people on a frequency or Net. They are there because they have proved themselves to the other operators on Mid Cars. Not to you! Sorry but it's not your approval that is needed for them to be sitting in that seat!

If this stings, well!

Jimmy:)
WA7ERY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »

The call you are refering to isa K6KZI and his name is Bill Schwartz. As far as I know he is still an active ham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: