Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No/Late QST issue for second month in a row?  (Read 459 times)
KU4UV

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2008, 09:56:18 PM »

I have been an ARRL member for the last 10 years.  I just recently renewed my ARRL membership for another year.  The problem I am having right now is that for the last two months, I have not received my copy of QST.  I actually had to e-mail the ARRL back in April, because I did not receive my copy of QST for the month of April, (This would have been the May issue of QST).  Well, here it is May 30, and I have not received my copy of QST for this month either!  I am wondering if I am the only one having this problem, or have other folks not yet received their June QST issue?  I know the June issue has gone to print, obviously, I saw plenty of copies atthe Dayton Hamvention.  Silly me, should have got a copy while I was in Dayton.  Anyone else having this problem with ARRL?

Mike KU4UV
ku4uv@arrl.net
N4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 06:45:48 AM »

Michael,

No problems here. Was there a slight lapse in membership? (ex. membership expied in March but
you renewed in May? (that is an example only))

On a different but similar matter - I occasionally fail to get the ARRL letter. Some of the ARRL newsletters I signed up I never have received or received one or two and that was it...

Craig

W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:03:43 AM »

Mine come right on time.

Sorry you are having the problem. You might give the League a call and discuss the matter.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 08:59:17 AM »

I'm sure the problem is at the ARRL and not the Post Office.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »

hi mike,

the issue could have gotten damaged in a machine
at the post office on the way to your qth.

drop them an email, they will send another issue.

circulation@arrl.org

here is a preview of the issue so you have
something to read until it arrives

http://www.arrl.org/qst/

73 james
KU4UV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 05:46:05 PM »

KB9CRY,

I never claimed the problem might not be with the post office! I have worked in mail rooms and in mail processing before, so I know that things happen, but for two months in a row with no magazine? Call me crazy, but that seems like an error at ARRL headquarters to me. I have already spoken with headquarters about not receiving my QST issues, but I may call them again on Monday unless by some miracle I actually receive my June issue in the mail tomorrow. I don't need them to send me three of the same issue as replacements because of this problem, I only need one. I have only had one instance in the last 10 years of not receiving my QST issue, so who knows what happened, either at ARRL or with the postal service. My issues are usually in my mailbox no latter than the 20th of every month. I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens.

KU4UV
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 06:23:59 PM »

Sri dude but your posting was 100% directed at the ARRL; nary one mention of the Post Office.  Read it again.

Contacting the ARRL directly is the best solution and very few would be found here.
WB6BYU

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »

I recently renewed my ARRL membership and there was a
clear deadline (in the materials somewhere) that if I
didn't have it in a certain amount of time in advance it
could delay or skip an issue of QST.  This is because the
address labels are sent to the shipper some time in advance
of the actual mailing.  I think they needed 6 to 10 weeks
to guarantee on-time delivery of all issues, but I don't
remember exactly.

But it is worthwhile contacting them to make sure that your
address didn't get changed accidentally when you renewed
or something like that.

Of course, you could have a new worker in your local
Post Office who enjoys reading QST...
KB9ABX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »

I just checked and May is the last copy I have. Been too busy to notice I guess. I'll give em a call also!
KC9IRR

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »

I have had the same problem, but I am sure it is the post office. I got my June issue before the May issue this time. I heard someone on a local repeater say that he had not gotten his May issue yet. I have lots of trouble with
my mail here. I get other peoples mail several times a week. I make sure they get it. I think someone gets mine and throws it in trash. An e mail to arrl always has got a swift response and replacement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: