Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: death threats  (Read 2717 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 05:54:25 PM »

JDWYER:

Then I guess you really aren't interested in any sort of help but are simply complaining and fishing for sympathy. You had mine until your last post.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
JDWYER

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 10:45:54 AM »

If that's what I'm doing why respond to my post?

JDWYER

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »

To all those who responded sensibly, thanks. To the flamers go jump in a lake.

JD
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

<< This is not a ARRL problem; it's an FCC and law enforcement problem and those are the agencies you need to be talking to. >>

And this is not a sensible response?

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
N5EAT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »

..someone has a persecution complex with anger problems.
K8WV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

I'm an ARRL Volunteer Counsel (VC) and frequently get pleas for the ARRL to enforce the law.  The League doesn't, and can't do that.  They have no authority to take action against anyone.

They can help you get your license, take your dues, sponsor a contest or a hamfest, publish a variety of books and magazines, send you an Official Observer (OO) notice and sell you clothing, among other things, but they don't act as the police, or the FCC.

For that you need the police . . . or the FCC.
JDWYER

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »

No actually I have a "don't talk to imbeciles" complex.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 06:45:51 PM »

What a jerk.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

WA8MEA

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »

Gee....this guy makes ME almost wanna make a death.....

Nah.  Ain't worth it.  However, if this is what we're getting in "print", just imagine the poor souls on the repeater who have to put up with this!!!

Wonder why no call???  More than a half dozen John Dwyers out there under QRZ name search.
JDWYER

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2008, 06:24:08 AM »

The reason I don't use my call sign is there is no freedom of expression on the repeaters or on the ham sites. Instead there is a pack (rat) mentality where any type of individuality is attacked by "group mentality" bullies followed by threats. You guys just proved it.

Bullies are cowards. They display their cowardice by 1) Typing back what the person wrote as though they are too stupid to remember (to demean the person) then 2) subtly baiting the person just to get a hostile response - instead of saying whats really on their mind they make an imbecilic comment, wait for the negative response but especially wait to see if others join them since they don't have the courage to stand alone (90% of today's hams by my best guess) 3)Then when others agree with them they become bold all of a sudden and make overt or covert threats.

Guess what - I know where you live but you don't. But don't worry. Ideas are enough to disarm or if need be finish off most of you since you can't win the psychological battle. So who of you are willing to admit you are the cowardly, pack mentality drones I just described? Those who aren't don't worry my words will have no effect on you. You may think I'm a bully but I'm just very strong since I don't need anyones help. So can you make rational arguments without reverting to threats. If not come and get me. lmao

K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2008, 07:43:06 AM »

"No actually I have a "don't talk to imbeciles" complex."

Sounds like they would be your intellectual superiors anyway.

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
KE4ZHN

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »

Hmmm after reading this mess, its easy to understand why this person was threatened.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2008, 01:48:42 PM »

Mr. Dwyer:

I think you will be much happier with another hobby, considering your opinion of 90 percent of today's hams. The rest of the hams in your area will probably be happier, too.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

No wonder someone wants to kill you.

You may deserve it.  Darwin wins again!
N5EAT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »

"Guess what - I know where you live but you don't"

Yeah....that's telling me!
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print