Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu MD-100a8x on a Yeasu FT-7800 HELP?????  (Read 1345 times)
KC9LGZ

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2008, 01:52:55 PM »

I have a Yeasu FT-7800 mobile as my base station now. I recently purchased a Yeasu MD-100a8x base mic, and the 8 pin to 6 pin mod adapter. I get everything hooked and it transmits and receives fine, but the audio is VERY VERY low. I played with the filters and had little gain on audio at all. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »

<< I get everything hooked and it transmits and receives fine, but the audio is VERY VERY low. >>

Your statement is contradictory. If the audio is "VERY VERY low" then obviously it ISN'T transmitting fine.

How close are you to the mike? Mobile FM rigs are set up for a mike to mouth distance of a couple of inches OR LESS. If you are backed off a foot or more from the desk mike, that is your problem. Mobiles used as home stations do much better with the original hand-held mikes.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC9LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:38:41 PM »

The transmit has nothing to do with audio. Im sorry YOU didn't understand my problem. I already figured out the issue. Thanks for your comments.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 07:34:59 PM »

Well, considering that you referred to installing a new mike and the audio being low, it's a logical assumption you were talking about transmit audio.

Next time it will be helpful if you were a little more detailed as to the problem you are having instead of expecting people to guess.

I'm happy you figured out your problem.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC9LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »

Are you always this big of an ASS to everyone you try to help? I never posted anything about the unit not transmitting. Read my first post and hopefully you will understand better. The Yaesu desk mic is a 500ohm imp, and my radio is a 2k imp. That's the issue and I should have paid more attention to that before I jumped in and purchased the mic. To anyone that reads this forum im sorry for the negative posts, but I will not allow my intelligence to be questioned by W3LK. And to think I looked you up on QRZ thinking man this guy has been doing this for a long time, but you can't judge a persons Ham knowledge by there call sign.
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:17:02 AM »

No one questioned your intelligence. You simply didn't state the problem clearly. As for you name calling, that's a good way not to get replies to future questions. I know you'll never get another one from me.

I'm sorry now I took the time to answer your original post.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

KC9LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »

I'm sorry you did too. As far as getting help is concerned if everyone has the same attitude you do on here it wouldn't help out much at all. All you did was rewrite my question out in a different manner, and tell me something I already knew. Now that I think about it i'm not sure why you even posted at all. Anyways consider the forum closed. I was able to figure it out on my own.
WR8D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 05:44:16 PM »

There really must be something in the drinking water up there.

John
KC9LGZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »

What are you talking about?
KC9BUH

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

Jeff,
What did you do to correct the base mike problem?
I would like to hook some sort of desk mike to my ft-7800
thanks
Mike
KC9BUH
KC9BZX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 11:04:36 AM »

Quote from W3LK: ""You simply didn't state the problem clearly."

KC9LGZ, what W3LK means is that you didn't state the problem clearly enough FOR HIM. Everyone else understood the problem perfectly, some people are just not very bright and expect others to cater to their mental inferiority by being overly specific in order to help them understand.

I'm glad you figured out the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: