Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your worst CUSTOMER experience!  (Read 670 times)
WA8MEA

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:46:33 PM »

Hey!  Turn about is fair play.

;-)

I know there are several businesses who like to contribute to this website.  So let's get some "war stories" started about some of your worst CUSTOMER experiences!

I think my worst experience was with the husband of a female SWL.  I had the hardest time explaining to her that our "Tiny-Tenna" active antenna did NOT plug into the earphone jack of her portable shortwave.  I was polite and patient.  But after forty-five minutes, I suggested that we weren't going to make any progress over the phone, and it would be impossible for me to drive to NJ and show her how to connect this.  I suggest to her that the best thing to do was for her to mail the antenna back for a full refund and her shipping and handling both ways.  She agreed.

At 5:15 PM I get a call from a guy with a thick NJ accent asking me if I called his wife "stupid".  This took me by surprise and of course I said "No!"  He screamed; "Then why didn't you help her connect the antenna!"  I explained that I tried.  Again, he said; "Then you ARE calling my wife stupid!"  

He then called me a dirty Jew, said he was going to drive from NJ to Michigan just to kick my a**.  At that point, I invited him to come to my humble home and bring any sons along for the ride because my five sons and I would surely like to meet him and his sons.  

He hung up.

And we never did get the antenna back either....

73, Bill - WA8MEA
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

Bill,

Congratulations...you did much better than I would have.

"Stupid is as stupid does" LEO for over 30 years, I can't even start to tell you the stories.  (:-)

73 de Lindy
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:30:17 AM »

Working as an applications engineer for a semiconductor company, I had a call from a woman at a university. She was attempting to build an RF circuit and was having problems. I talked through it with her and advised that she needed to look with a spectrum analyser. Her response was 'We're a university electronic engineering department and we don't have the money to get a spectrum analyser.

My response was ' I'm sorry, but that's what you need.'

She said 'No, this has got to be fixed without that expensive test gear'

'Sorry, but you'll have to get it. After all, would you try to take the engine out of a car without a set of wrenches?'

She put the 'phone down.
W4MKH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »

20 years ago when I started out as a programmer I had an experienced programmer give me some advice that applies to this as well.

He said "the only thing dumber than a user is two users".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: