Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1989 / 1990 callbook question...  (Read 1211 times)
NW7US

Ignore
« on: October 03, 2008, 09:27:25 PM »

Hi... I am trying to find which callbook I was first listed in, when I was first licensed.  Specifically, I am trying to figure out approximately when I was first licensed.  My memory is fuzzy - was it in 1989, or 1990?  Do the old callbooks list the date of license?

My original callsign is: KA1VGL

If you have one of these callbooks from 1989 or 1990 (or both years?) - would you look up KA1VGL and let me know the details?

Thanks!

NW7US

K8GU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:41 PM »

According to vanityhq.com, you were licensed on March 6, 1990.  That would probably put you in the 1990 Callbook.
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:50:05 AM »

"I am trying to find which callbook I was first listed in, when I was first licensed."

Your first listing was in the Summer 1990 Callbook Supplement, page 8

"Do the old callbooks list the date of license?"

Callbooks (at least the paper ones) DON'T list the date of license. They are just a "snapshot" of the database as of the date of publication. If you were licensed at that time, you're in the book. If you weren't licensed, you're not in.

To determine actual dates of licenses, you need other resources. K8GU has pointed you to one: the Unique Call Lookup at VanityHQ. Michael Carroll has some copies of old databases that do have license dates, hence the 6 March 1990 date. That seems consistent with the appearance in the Summer 90 Supplement.

"That would probably put you in the 1990 Callbook."

Nope. What's called "the 1990 Callbook" is actually the Winter 89-90 issue, which was published before the end of 1989. That was well before KA1VGL was issued.
NW7US

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »

Well, that seems conclusive.  Somehow in my mind it was earlier than that... but without anything to reveal an earlier date, I guess I'll go with this as my answer.

Thanks a million for the source reference... I have been exploring that site and am enjoying it.

73 de NW7US

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: