Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 14.275 moron  (Read 1115 times)
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:36 AM »

There is a guy that makes illegal transmissions on 14.275 almost nightly. He has become infamous for his drunken tirades and profanity. Does anyone know if the FCC is doing anything about this? Too many people are contributing to the problem by replying with unidentified transmissions and using profanity themselves.
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:23:37 AM »

This has been going on with this group of LID's for a while. FCC and OO's making recordings and transmitter finger printing. The hammer will come down soon!

73 de Lindy
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 08:25:35 AM »

The ringleader of that obnoxious party is a Canadian operating from above the border.  FCC can't do anything about him except perhaps ask the Canadian authorities to try.

My dial skips over that frequency.
KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:35:20 PM »

Apparently this has been going on for awhile. Its sad that this hasn't been shut down. A Canadian sponsored hunt with directional antennas should have been done. It would be fun.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 05:28:05 PM »

IZZ: No need for a "hunt," everybody knows where he lives.  His home address, with photos, are on QRZ.com.

KD8IZZ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:00:50 PM »

Wow. Didn't know that. Then why hasn't he been shut down? If he is in Canada all he has to do is quote the bible or say 'abortion is evil' and the mounted police would raid his place and shoot his family. Yet he is on the radio night after night.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 02:22:15 PM »

I guess you haven't been around long enough to know the history.  VE7KFM has used profanity, anti-religious and racial slurs and everything in the books and no, the "Mounties" haven't done anything -- at least not anything to get him off the air.

More info:

http://ve7kfm.com/

WB2WIK/6
KB9RQZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »

ww5aa, as has been said the things have ben going on for years now nothing is happening soon indeed ask W4NTI about that on his blog at w4nti.com editroal page and down a bit he publishes a letter from IC whcih say nnothing is going to be done

a logical person would conclude that either IC is even worse about enforcement or IC deems ve7kfm in aceptable compliance with there rules (excuses the occasional outbursts  as provoked) either way nothing is happening

while theire is blame to spread around Ve7kfm would just like to use the rado to disucss things that you might well disagree with versus the group that want him off the air period no matter what he choses to say now or int eh future I know which I would choose even if I were targeted myself from the latter group
KB2SEO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:20:37 AM »

I heard this group of reverse threaded Jar tops while trying to get a clear frequency to help a Ham in TX pass a traffic message for relatives near me. I was lucky that we started the QSO and discovered He could not overpower us with the Barrack Obama tapes one of them plays during the late afternoon.

I can only hope that the long keydowns and exposure to the RF will give em all a blistering case of external hemroids.

It is really sad that Canada won't enforce the rules and regs on this guy. What about his Uber-weenies on this side of the creek?
N7LRG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

I've heard him too. The mistake people are making is that they respond with key-ups and foul language that urges him on. Don't stoop to his level. We used to have CB'rs come up to 10m and try to heckle us etc. We ignored them and they went away. They need response, don't fuel it.
K6CRC

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »

This was the first station I ever heard when I got a 703 and was working on my general. Some obnoxious drunk with a linear. There were at least 4 people heckling back, no one using call signs. He gets you all fired up, and you act like him.

Just ignore him. The Canadians should take care of it, if they don't then not responding is the best idea.

We have idiots like that all over the airwaves here, most on MSNBC and CNN portion of the band.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: